Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Is a weekly bath ok?

<< < (3/4) > >>

ips:
Ours sleeps on the bed also.....but shhhh, dont tell anyone because she is a working dog 😁😁

MIN:

--- Quote from: ips on October 10, 2021, 08:53:09 PM ---Ours sleeps on the bed also.....but shhhh, dont tell anyone because she is a working dog 😁😁

--- End quote ---

My working girl sleeps in on the bed. Well, she needs a good night sleep to be ready to go in the mornings

ips:

--- Quote from: MIN on October 11, 2021, 08:48:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: ips on October 10, 2021, 08:53:09 PM ---Ours sleeps on the bed also.....but shhhh, dont tell anyone because she is a working dog 😁😁

--- End quote ---

My working girl sleeps in on the bed. Well, she needs a good night sleep to be ready to go in the mornings

--- End quote ---

Good point 😃👍

AndyB:
Once a week is definitely far too often.  As others have said bathing too regularly will strip the coat of its natural oils.  Maisie is bathed perhaps 3/4 times a year with a good quality special dog shampoo and conditioner.  Always bathed before a holiday but otherwise only when she seems a bit whiffy.  I just wash her paws and underneath feathering in my Belfast sink in the utility room if she gets particularly mucky in winter. 

cazza:

--- Quote from: MIN on October 11, 2021, 08:48:27 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ok guys so that’s where I am going wrong with my worker - she starts off in her bed and joins us in the night - no wonder she gets me up and is raring to go in the morning  :005:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version