Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Is a weekly bath ok?

<< < (4/4)

Emilyoliver:
Just to throw a spanner in…. My dogs are bathed every week, especially during the shooting season when they get really muddy. I used to bath my show cockers weekly as well to keep them clean and knot-free. They are far easier to groom when clean. Have never had any of them suffer from dry skin/ coats. I do add yumega oil to their food which also helps keep their coats/ skin in good condition.

ips:
Ours gets bathed as and when required could be twice a week during shooting season, never had a problem with dry skin etc

Emilyoliver:

--- Quote from: ips on October 16, 2021, 03:45:03 PM ---Ours gets bathed as and when required could be twice a week during shooting season, never had a problem with dry skin etc

--- End quote ---
Yes, mine too. Depends on how dirty they are.

Finvarra:
I bath Dylan the day before I give him a trim, so about every couple,of months. It makes the clippers,go through the coat easier. He has a very thick coat, so needs keeping from looking like a bear! No problems with dry skin. He is a very clean dog, he hates water and mud, so I don't have a dirty dog to contend with. He hates water, I think he is a cat in disguise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version