Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

deaf and blind boy

(1/3) > >>

revis:
Murray came to me 3 years ago from a puppy farm deaf and blind in one eye.He had been there 8 years.He has been fine no worry to him with the blind eye and deaf but today the sight has gone in the other eye.He is bumping into things to be deaf as well will hard for him.Has anyone any advice to give to me to help him.He is usually a fairly lively boy.

bizzylizzy:
No tips I‘m afraid, although I do seem to remember a post on here a couple of years back, so hopefully there will indeed be someone who can help. All the best for Murray, poor lad. They are amazingly resilient though aren’t they? It likely doesn’t upset him as much as it does you having to watch him.
 :bigarmhug:

Mudmagnets:
Can't help with tips I am afraid, but I know  Penny B has looked after and helped quite a few deaf and blind dogs that come into her care, so hopefully she will see this and will be able to give you some advice.

Also there are a couple of posts under the heading 'Cataracts and Deafness' dated Nov 2020 which might be helpful to you (just scroll down the Oldies post headings and you will find it quite near the bottom of page 1)

ejp:
Would one of the 'halo' attachments help him find his way? I found this via Google, just to show you as I couldn't describe it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harness-Protective-Prevent-Collision-Training/dp/B08F7X6SJL/ref=asc_df_B08F7X6SJL/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=601987553914&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11912747281756578659&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007303&hvtargid=pla-1677252007360&psc=1

revis:
Thank you every one for your kind words. I that the halo would be too much for Murray.He gets in a state when walking if the lead touches his face.I think  that goes back to his bad years in the puppy farm.Poor boy is very unhappy now I just have to hope the ulcer clears up and he can see again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version