Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Struggling??

<< < (2/2)

rubyduby:
Yes it would seem a common problem with older dogs, but maybe I need to relax more, the problem is that I have a 4 1/2 yr old Cocker who makes so much noise with excitement that I struggle to creep out with her (she has much longer walks) and the older dog hears and comes out of her bed all excited, I get so guilty leaving her , have this problem daily and it really upsets me having to leave her

pinkmarshmallow:
I can’t help you much but feel for you feeling guilty taking the younger cocker out without the other.  My older one has IVDD and some days not going out at all or just 10 mins walk, whereas my 6 year old loves a good long walk.  I give the older one a lick mat to try to distract him as we leave.  I’ve bought a pushchair but not gone out yet.  Preparing for the idea that we will be having to use it soon. 

bizzylizzy:

--- Quote from: pinkmarshmallow on August 27, 2023, 04:24:51 PM ---I can’t help you much but feel for you feeling guilty taking the younger cocker out without the other.  My older one has IVDD and some days not going out at all or just 10 mins walk, whereas my 6 year old loves a good long walk.  I give the older one a lick mat to try to distract him as we leave.  I’ve bought a pushchair but not gone out yet.  Preparing for the idea that we will be having to use it soon.

--- End quote ---

❤️❤️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version