Cocker Activities > Working

Tilly's first shoot (with me)!

(1/4) > >>

Nicola:
So, Tilly and I were up bright and early this morning (well, she was bright, it was early and I was up) to meet Freya and Dobbie for our first beating session. We had a fab time, it was pretty wet and chilly to start with but once we got going we soon forgot about that and the sun actually came out for a while so it wasn't bad at all.

Tills was a wee star, I am so proud of her. There weren't too many birds about as it's not cold enough to bring them to the feeders yet but we saw a few AND the thing I am most proud of is that she found the only bird that was shot!!  :shades:  A partridge came down in really thick cover so we were all in looking for it and Tills found it, she was sniffing like mad and suddenly she stopped and did a kind of half whine half bark looking at me and then looking at the ground, tail wagging like mad and there was the bird!  :D :D  I was so chuffed with her and she looked so pleased with herself, although she wasn't very happy when the bird was taken off her, she tried to follow it! I think it was her lucky pink collar wot did it  :luv:

Big thanks for Freya for bringing us along and keeping me right. Dobbie is such a wee sweetie and looked very smart during the breaks in his new personally tailored fleecy jacket!  :luv: Tilly was jealous and wants to know if you can make her a pink one Freya  ;) We had a fab time and can't wait to go again in two weeks!

Poor Alfie was not happy to be left at home so it's really given me extra motivation to get his training going properly but he had a lovely big two hour walk at the reservoir when I got back so he's happy now and I'm exhausted!  :P

Look what I found!!  :angel:

Workin' girl

Dobbie snug as a bug in his coat, Tilly not amused that she is nekkid  ph34r :005:

Proud as punch!  :luv:

Jan/Billy:
aw well done Tilly!! Sounds like she's a natural  :D

Early night for you then Nicola is it  :lol:

Miss Poohs:
Doesn't Tilly look proud of herself? Dobbie looks like lord of the manor with his town and country jacket on.

Bet the two of them had a blast.

Mich:
Oh wow, isn't she just the luckiest girl in the world - even if she is nekkid  :005:

It's so lovely, she has a new home with you and now she get to go shooting!!

She looks so happy and settled, it's just fab :luv:

Glad you had a good day!

allym:
Who's a clever girl then?!! Glad you had a great time! I'm sure Alfie will accept a few extra cuddles this evening as compensation!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version