Cocker Activities > Working

Working Training Diary

(1/5) > >>

Millomite:
Hello All

As some of you may have read, I am getting my cocker on the 6th December which will be used solely for shooting, and I hope to possibly trial her if she shows potential.

I would be interested for what peoples' opinions would be on me doing an online training diary with pictures and possibly videos throughout the training of my new dog.

I think this would be a very useful addition  to the site by showing non shooting people who may not have a lot of knowledge in relation to gundogs how to go about training one (I hope  :D)

Let me know what you think

Scott

sportsmonki:
I dont train my cocker for field work, but I'd be interested to read what you are proposing  :D  I am always interested to find out different ways of training...and especially in a sport where I have no experience.

I have done a little bit of gundog training with Storm (YKC training days, etc) but I couldnt find a club I liked near me to train her further.  But both of us enjoyed the exercises, and we have fun with them when we are out walking in woods,etc. 

Saffie:
Would be good to see how it is done and could also make Saffies walks a bit more interesting and use up more of her energy even if not intending to do any hunting/shooting with her.

anita96:
I think a training blog would be a great idea.  I have heard many people talk about having set  training guides to train to.   By doing this I suppose you always ensure you work within the dogs capabilities, follow natural progression and not move on until each area is 100%.  I know I made mistakes by moving on to quickly and not cementing things in.  I think the other important point is to finish a training session on a success, I know I have been guilty of throwing one more retrieve and the dog not completing the task successfully  :huh:

cazza:
At what age would you start training? (not including the basic, sit, stay fetch etc)

yeah i would be interested in seeing what / how you do it

Fern is being trained by me and local gamekeeper is keeping me right. ( ph34r must admit training lapsed lately due to season watch ph34r)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version