Cocker Activities > Working

Lesson with Mike Skinner

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cob-Web:
Good luck Nicola - it sounds as if he is a really experienced trainer and understands cockers well (although some of the techniques he describes in the Labrador training diary are less "positive")  :-\

flozac:
I don't know about Tessa the toe rag but i have Floss the big toe rag. i will have to start a thread about her training she i s really trying my patience at the moment.

Good luck with Alfie Nicola. I wish I could get a ready made one like your Tilly.

Penel:
I think the diaries are great too - he def has a sense of humour.
Just remember though, he is your dog, and anything you feel uncomfortable with, say so.  I made the huge mistake of letting an agility trainer tell me to tie Lola to the fence and walk away, because she wasn't "paying attention" like a border collie does (she's an english setter).... all that achieved was to upset Lola and make her hate agility - we gave up shortly after..... you can't treat all dogs the same way. ;)

Nicola:

--- Quote from: Penel on November 24, 2006, 09:39:07 AM ---I think the diaries are great too - he def has a sense of humour.
Just remember though, he is your dog, and anything you feel uncomfortable with, say so.  I made the huge mistake of letting an agility trainer tell me to tie Lola to the fence and walk away, because she wasn't "paying attention" like a border collie does (she's an english setter).... all that achieved was to upset Lola and make her hate agility - we gave up shortly after..... you can't treat all dogs the same way. ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Penel, I'd definitely never let anyone do anything with Alfie that I wasn't 100% happy with, it's a really good point. That's why I've booked this first lesson as a 'taster' before I commit to any more, just to see how we get on.

Flozac - Tilly is a wee star, I wish I could take some of the credit for it but she's the one teaching me!  :luv: I'm sure Floss and little Scout will turn out fab though, you're working really hard with them. It is flippin' hard though, Alfie is more than living up to his 'monster' nickname at the moment  >:D

Magic Star:
Have fun Nicola, let us know how it goes ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version