Cocker Activities > Working

Working cocker insurance

(1/2) > >>

Millomite:
Hi All

This is a question to any of those who actively work their cockers. Is your dog insured, and if so, have you actually found a company which will insure whilst they are actually in the field working?

Thanks in advance

Scott

*jean*:
eh.. no is the answer.

Nicola:
Mine are insured but I don't know if it covers working.. probably not.

I will have to think about this... or if they did happen to get injured, god forbid, start telling porky pies to the vet  ph34r :005:

*jean*:
Bet u a pound they will up your premium til its ridiculous  as you are out with guns.
 I put money aside each month  and its mounted up into a tidy sum for emergency vet treatment.. for pepper  mainly as the other two touch wood haven't got death wishes. plus its in my account making me interest not the insurance company...they'd never pay out for pepper anyway shes too much of a liability.. plus my vets let you pay in installments.
 however there may be an insurance company somewhere who wont rocket the premiums when you mention guns and rough shooting but I doubt it.

Cob-Web:
Working dogs are covered on many Agricultural Insurance Policies  ;)

Do you have local Insurance Brokers who may be able to help - it's unlikely you will find it through usual "high street" routes - unless you subscribe to Farming papers or are a member of the NFU?

I found lil'bits Riders Insurance through a broker - although the policies weren't advertised widely  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version