Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Help - hand stripping question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pammy:
I find above the tail comes out with a bit of plucking and with the comb.

I pull the coat up to get a smooth tight surface and pull the coat down it. You have to be careful to get hold just right or you can hurt them I grab firmly about the shoulder blades end pull up towards the head. If that's not working - then some careful use of thinners does the trick. ;D                    

KellyP:
Thanks Jane and Pammy - I shall post the results in the next couple of weeks ... here's hoping its not too much of a mess  ;D                    

Mike:
I thought I'd gotten as much out as possible too, Kelly - until I tried plucking wearing a rubber glove ( :-[) recommended by some of the members - and you wont believe the amount of difference it makes! Especially on top of the head, where her hair is really thick.                    

KellyP:
Well I just thought I'd let you all know that I went ahead and bought some asda smart price rubber gloves and have proceded to pluck Millie a bit more, and blimey it does make a difference !! her back is practically smooth and silky .. still a few wiry woolly hars hiding around, but unfortunately Millie likes to chew the rubber glove .. which causes a few problems  ::)    ;)  however when I tried it she was on the floor (albeit on her special "brushing mat" which I usually put own on the table when I brush her) she was reasonably good but the lure of the glove got the better of her in the end - next time on the table hopefully she'll be much better.

The big problem comes with her head - rubber glove in full view ...  ;D  ::)

thanks again peeps  :)                    

Pammy:
Excellent news Kelly - keep it up ;D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version