Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Attack of the Thinning Scissors

<< < (3/3)

roy:
Hi!! Think Milly looks real smart - are you a hairdresser by profession?? Just received my CS grooming video thro the mail this morning so wait now for Alfies coat to grow, then will come the test when I start to wield the scissors!!!  Roy                    

KellyP:
Hi all

Thank you for your nice comments!  :-[  ;D  :-*

No Roy I'm not a hairdresser, although I do cut my partners hair - albeit with clippers... number 3 all over, nice and easy  ;D  ;)

Gilly / Mary - I'm just too chicken to take off too much around her paws, the same goes for her tail and the bit just underneath it. Just too scared that it will look awful!! perhaps I should get a pro groomer just to do it for me the once so I can see exactly how short I should go  :-

once again though, thankyou for your lovely comments  :-*

Edit - just to say to Mike that i didnt do her whole head with thining scissors - i managed to strip most of it out , just used the scissors on the tops of her ears ans where they meet her head  :)                    

Mary:

--- Quote from: Kelly P on August 09, 2003, 05:02:28 PM ---
Gilly / Mary - I'm just too chicken to take off too much around her paws, the same goes for her tail and the bit just underneath it. Just too scared that it will look awful!! perhaps I should get a pro groomer just to do it for me the once so I can see exactly how short I should go  :-

--- End quote ---

I know exactly what you mean Kelly, thats why I chickened out in the end :-[  Jane knows what Lotties tail looked like after I'd had a bit of a stab at it ;);D  As for her rear end, well, if I could have managed to get her to stand up I may've been in with a slight chance ;D                    

Jen:

--- Quote from: mary on August 09, 2003, 05:46:25 PM ---As for her rear end, well, if I could have managed to get her to stand up I may've been in with a slight chance ;D

--- End quote ---

Ditto Mary......when I coat kinged - I could never get down Montys back - as he kept rolling over! ::) -
Kelly - her head looks lovely - I love that 2nd picture! - I gave in in the end and passed Monty to a professional.......£12 was worth it for me as it wasn't something I really enjoyed doing...especially as my boy was particularly hairy! - so well done YOU for being brave enough to go for it :D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version