General > Forum Support

Private Messages

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mary:
Stuart

I just asked Gilly to PM me and it worked :? so perhaps my eyes need testing :?

I don't get the pop up box though but Gilly wondered if I have a pop up killer installed.  Jim recently installed Norton Internet Security so could that have come with one?

Hope I've not been wasting your time :oops:

Mary the technophobic :(                    

cassie:
it happened to me and im on freeserve but i pressed the refresh key and it said u hav a new message                    

stueymac:

--- Quote ---Stuart

I just asked Gilly to PM me and it worked :? so perhaps my eyes need testing :?

I don't get the pop up box though but Gilly wondered if I have a pop up killer installed.  Jim recently installed Norton Internet Security so could that have come with one?

Hope I've not been wasting your time :oops:

Mary the technophobic :(
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about Norton (we had to remove our Norton because it conflicted with everything!) but yes a pop up killer would prevent the pop up box from displaying correctly.
As Cassie says hitting F5 or clicking Refresh should show you the latest version of the page. Windows sometimes relies on the cache to show pages (which on a forum go out of date quickly) so a refresh should do the trick and show you if you have any messages too.
Not wasting time at all Mary, it's good to hear the problems so that in future we can have a FAQ about how to resolve them.

Stuart                    

Mary:

--- Quote ---I'm not sure about Norton (we had to remove our Norton because it conflicted with everything!) .

Stuart
--- End quote ---

Oh no :shock: we've had enough problems with this PC and hope this isn't going to be a problem too :cry:                    

Dessie:
I'm having problems with some of my PM messages.  Some are getting through whilst others aren't  :roll:  Any suggestions ole wise man Stuart  :wink:                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version