Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Ears/Head where to stop stripping and start scissoring.

(1/3) > >>

CJ:
Can anyone help please?  I've got the video and that dog doesn't look that hairy!  Where do you stop hand stripping and start scissoring the ears? I don't want to spoil the top of her head, but I'm not sure if the hair should pull out or be scissored at the very top of the ears.

bluegirl:
I hand strip tops of heads and use thinning scissors on the ears.

CJ:

--- Quote from: bluegirl on May 17, 2008, 11:40:52 AM ---I hand strip tops of heads and use thinning scissors on the ears.

--- End quote ---
It's the where to stop hand stripping the head and start scissoring I'm not sure about.  She can look a bit like one of those funny little penguins with tufty bits.  Don't want to scissor where I should handstrip and spoil her coat.

Michele:
I hand strip the head to the top of the ears and then use the thinning scissors from the very top of the ears to about a 1/3rd of the way down, hope that makes sense?

CJ:

--- Quote from: Michele on May 19, 2008, 10:21:17 PM ---I hand strip the head to the top of the ears and then use the scissors from the very top of the ears to about a 1/3rd of the way down, hope that makes sense?

--- End quote ---
Thanks Michelle.  Think I've been trying to handstrip too far down, she is very patient bless her.  Probably thinking "bloomin' woman, doesn't she know it won't pull out".  Will scissor a bit higher up tomorrow night.  I'm so worried about catching the edge of her ears though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version