Author Topic: jessies late night barking sesh  (Read 4975 times)

Anonymous

jessies late night barking sesh
« on: September 05, 2003, 02:37:15 PM »
well just over the last few nights, last thing before bed, jessie will go out in the back garden, and bark bark bark, you can see her chomping at the bit to get out and do it, I dont know whats up??? shes never done it before...

also about the time this started she decided to lift the lawn in places aswell.... dotn know if they are linked... but shes driving me mental...oh yeah I am already  but even more so..  ;D                    

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 03:17:15 PM »
:P completly off the wall thought here as I've never had any experience of this with Dogs.  But is there any chance of some wild life being in the garden perhaps even a mole?                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 03:17:56 PM »
Do you have any nocturnal visitors to your garden maybe? If cats or even foxes are coming through your garden, Jessie will be able to smell them which could result in her getting excited & barking to repel the invaders ;D                    
Jane

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 03:35:58 PM »
Could be a hedgehog Lynz there are lots about this time of year!!  They do make noises especially when chomping slugs ewwwwwwwwww ::)                    

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 03:43:06 PM »
even though I would love to say I believe it to be this... I really think its more of a "jessie barking her heart up for no reason" kinda thing...  cos surely I would hear the animals aswell or see em...or signs they have been there??? I dont have a huge garden...   maybe not though... all I know is shes started doing it recently...nothing before...but I am gettin edgy when I let her out last thing now...cos she goes off on one...  ::)

could be cats or foxes, we have them all here...and hedehogs...but I dotn know how a hedgehog would scale my 6ft fences..  :o  maybe thats it though...  she actually charges out there full steam ahead....quite impressive bravery if it wasn't so damn noisy..  ;D                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 03:50:13 PM »
i think it could be wildlife as well lynsey, dont forget , dogs

have got very sensitive hearing, and also smell.

you wont always hear them but she would.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2003, 03:51:59 PM »
what with those dopey ears shes got???  :o ;D   yes I guess that must be it....  thouht she had totally lost the plot the other night...but then again this is the dog that loses it at a feather......yes she hates them  ::)                    

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 04:00:21 PM »
One good thing Lynsey they,ll be hibernating soon so

young Jessie will get back to normal ;) ;D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 04:01:45 PM »
flamin good job, cos otherwise I might need ear plugs...she can let it rip ya'know  ;D                    

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 04:05:28 PM »
Awww dont forget that ickle girl

is just getting over major surgery.

she .s just warning them pesky critters

that she,s back to her old self. ;) ;D

my nell doesnt bark at all dont know wether its good or bad                    

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 04:09:24 PM »
lol...just warnin em my bottie, she wants to get em and shred em up..I tell ya you aint heard her..lol..

but your right...shes an ickle convalesing babygirl...  ;)

you know I am looking for a new house..well the convo to the estate agent the other went somethin like this..

Yes we need 3 bedrooms at least, and a very large garden, nope a courtyard is no good... I said no!  why?? errm cos I have two dogs.. yes I do think they need that large a garden...  cos I do...  ;D                    

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 04:14:43 PM »
we havnt got a very large garden, but my hubby takes Nell

up the beacon for two hours every day. ;D Cos were both

retired now, and weve got the time, and he takes her again after dinner, thats why i,m getting fat and he aint. ;)                    

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2003, 09:54:20 AM »
I think I know what shes barking at  ::)  a a net of nuts for the birds...  ::)  well shes charging at that anyways... I have removed it and we are testing it tongith to see her reaction now its gone.. dopy mare..  ;D                    

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2003, 10:01:27 AM »
just shows how good  that lill girls eyesight is,

sounds like she,s recovered well from her op  ;D

has she had her  stiches out by mr vet yet? ???

or is she doingit herself.   ;) ;D                    

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2003, 10:04:11 AM »
shes gotta go have them out on wednesday...and shes tol me to tell ya it wont be a day too soon either  ;)