Author Topic: im disscusted at my dog  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Jazzygirl

• my jazzygirl
Re: im disscusted at my dog
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »
This thread really made me chuckle! Also could relate to it :-

A couple of weeks ago I saw Jazz through the kitchen window prancing around in the garden so went out to see what she was doing - she had pinned down a big frog!  I didnt think she wanted to eat it as she looked like she was just wanting to play with it.  I pushed her away to let the frog escape but it didnt move! She had killed the poor thing!  :embarassed: I took Jazz inside and got a poo bag to scoop it up, as I did I noticed it had a leg missing.  Disposed of the burial bag I went indoors to see Jazz was tossing the remaining leg around the living room!  She really couldnt see anything wrong with what she had done.  After disposing of the last leg she then rubbed her chops on the carpet leaving a slimey trail!  Oh the Joys!!! >:(

"never a dull moment with my cocked-up spaniel"!!!!

Offline bella15

• Site Member
  • Cody
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
Whilst out with my grandson the other day,Buster 'found' half a fresh dead rabbit - he ran off with it dropped it,waited for us to catch up with him ,then he and his mum Connie ripped it to pieces and swallowed the lot :o
This is not the first time and it will not be the last for them -if they  think it is not good enough to  eat . they roll on it :005:
Bella made the local fox run off last week and he dropped his dinner of freshly killed rabbit - she eat it ( well crunched it ) bones and all!!!!!!!

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 01:13:28 PM »
This thread really made me chuckle! Also could relate to it :-

A couple of weeks ago I saw Jazz through the kitchen window prancing around in the garden so went out to see what she was doing - she had pinned down a big frog!  I didnt think she wanted to eat it as she looked like she was just wanting to play with it.  I pushed her away to let the frog escape but it didnt move! She had killed the poor thing!  :embarassed: I took Jazz inside and got a poo bag to scoop it up, as I did I noticed it had a leg missing.  Disposed of the burial bag I went indoors to see Jazz was tossing the remaining leg around the living room!  She really couldnt see anything wrong with what she had done.  After disposing of the last leg she then rubbed her chops on the carpet leaving a slimey trail!  Oh the Joys!!! >:(

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  Bailey loves to play with frogs!!!

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
im so glad to see alot of ppl have the same probs lol :shades:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
My two love dead things... it's not pleasant but I don't really have too much of an issue with it.. They are dogs - gun dogs and do have certain instincts! Dave is worse than Norms really as she just eats dead things he likes rolling in them. To date (he's only nine months old) he has rolled in and then consumed:

Dead
Deer
rabbit
mice
toads
lizard
pheasant
SNAKE (seriously... totally minging  :005:)
and eaten a live baby mouse.

Norm's list is similar (not bad considering I've only had her six months :rofl1:) but she doesn't roll in them.. although brushing the maggots off her face from a particularly 'high' rabbit a couple of months ago was an all time low point  :005:

Oddly neither (so far) have been sick from any of their dead collection.. but Trev once threw up a whole squirrel - virtually in one piece.. was like watching something from Alien and very unpleasant  :P :P :P

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »

Well Honey has just added a frog to her list.... we were at the in-laws for the weekend, and she found a frog the second we arrived, picked it up, carried it a few feet then dropped it pulling horrific faces, so we thought "Great, she obviously doesn't like the taste - shouldn't cause us a problem from now on". Froggie hopped away a little shell-shocked but ok.  The next day she found another one, and ran off with it, and came back licking her lips quite happily.....

>:(
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020