Author Topic: Enforced seperation  (Read 6858 times)

Offline ips

Enforced seperation
« on: June 30, 2021, 05:10:34 AM »
Hi guys.
I was rushed to hospital 11 days ago (not covid) I hope to be home at the weekend. Until now my main concern has been survival however now that hopefully I am back on track I am wondering how if anything this seperation will have effected my relationship with eze. I didn't even get the chance to say "see you later" anyone got any words of wisdom ?
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Enforced seperation
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 06:43:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that Ian!! Hope you’re ok and make a speedy recovery.
Presumably Eze has been at home while you‘ve been in hospital? To be honest, I wouldn‘t worry too much, whenever I‘ve ever had to leave any of my dogs they either sulked for a couple of days (one time the kennels  were pretty grim ) or they were a bit clingy but soon settled down again. Obviously depends on how fit/mobile you‘ll be when you get home, but I would try to stick to your old routine as much as possible and carry on as if you‘d only been away for the day. You and Eze have always worked as a team, I reckon  she‘ll just be over the moon to have her other half back!
All the best, take care and, as they say here, Gute Besserung!  :luv:
Jayne and Humph‘

Offline ips

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 06:55:17 AM »
Thank you Jayne
Yes she been at home with Lynn, she hasn't said much about how she has been and i haven't really asked as I had enough to cope with without the extra concern so thought it best not to know at the time, hope that doesn't sound selfish but self preservation is a strange thing. I do know that she is currently on the bed with the Mrs with my slipper 😁

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 09:05:01 AM »
Not at all selfish!! You’re  more use to Eze when you’re fit and well and worrying about something you can‘t change does no good at all. Take care of yourself!   :bigarmhug:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »
Good grief Ian - hope you are on the mend and back home soon - if there’s anything we can do, please just say.  We have no problem driving up to do some mowing, or other jobs,  if it gives Lynn a break and puts your mind at rest.

Eze will be very pleased to see her best mate and more importantly will be the best behaved, most attentive, hard working, fast retrieving dog you’ve ever seen!  For around 3 days then it’ll be back to normal  ;)

Get well soon - wishing you a full and speedy recovery xx

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 10:00:16 AM »
Hi Ian - hope you’re on your way to being healthy?!

I’d say don’t worry about your relationship with Eze being affected. You’ll still have that bond you always did. She’ll just be over the moon to see you again when you get home 😊. I brought my 2 show cockers over from South Africa (a long time ago now!) and they stayed with a friend in Berlin for 8 months as an alternative to quarantine. I had hoped to visit them a few times before they came over to the uk, but wasn’t able to. I worried hugely about the impact on them and our relationship after such a long separation. As it turned out, particularly with one of them - the bond was actually stronger after the separation.

You may find eze may be a bit more clingy/ Velcro-dog for a few days after you get home.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline ips

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 11:37:26 AM »
Good grief Ian - hope you are on the mend and back home soon - if there’s anything we can do, please just say.  We have no problem driving up to do some mowing, or other jobs,  if it gives Lynn a break and puts your mind at rest.

Eze will be very pleased to see her best mate and more importantly will be the best behaved, most attentive, hard working, fast retrieving dog you’ve ever seen!  For around 3 days then it’ll be back to normal  ;)

That's most kind of you Jayne, I think all is in hand at home but thank you.

Yes I am on the mend, just a few more things to go through and should be home 🙏

Offline ips

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »
Hi Ian - hope you’re on your way to being healthy?!

I’d say don’t worry about your relationship with Eze being affected. You’ll still have that bond you always did. She’ll just be over the moon to see you again when you get home 😊. I brought my 2 show cockers over from South Africa (a long time ago now!) and they stayed with a friend in Berlin for 8 months as an alternative to quarantine. I had hoped to visit them a few times before they came over to the uk, but wasn’t able to. I worried hugely about the impact on them and our relationship after such a long separation. As it turned out, particularly with one of them - the bond was actually stronger after the separation.

You may find eze may be a bit more clingy/ Velcro-dog for a few days after you get home.

Thank you, 🙏

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 12:05:51 PM »

That's most kind of you Jayne, I think all is in hand at home but thank you.

Yes I am on the mend, just a few more things to go through and should be home 🙏

Pleased to read you are getting there.  Its a serious offer, I can work anywhere and we can bring tools and our own accommodation if its an overnight/2 day needed xx

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 04:36:58 PM »
I’m relatively new to CockerWorld but I think the separation will make your bond even tighter. Fingers crossed to you getting home before the weekend.
John.

Offline ips

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 04:59:55 PM »
I’m relatively new to CockerWorld but I think the separation will make your bond even tighter. Fingers crossed to you getting home before the weekend.
John.

Many thanks John
It's been a very stressful couple of weeks to say the least. Need to get tomorrow over with then fingers crossed for weekend then hope recovery isn't too long  but it suspect it may be 😢

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 07:02:45 PM »
Gosh, I am sorry to hear you have been so unwell, good to hear you are on the mend now, and hopefully will be home soon.  Take good care of yourself.  As for Eze, I reckon she will be your shadow and your nursemaid.  I used to go and stay with my Mum for a week or so, leaving our two dogs with OH.  They were hyper when I got back and stuck like glue for the first few days.  Happy memories.  Look after yourself and don't worry about Eze, she will be fine, they are adaptable wee souls.

Offline ips

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »
Gosh, I am sorry to hear you have been so unwell, good to hear you are on the mend now, and hopefully will be home soon.  Take good care of yourself.  As for Eze, I reckon she will be your shadow and your nursemaid.  I used to go and stay with my Mum for a week or so, leaving our two dogs with OH.  They were hyper when I got back and stuck like glue for the first few days.  Happy memories.  Look after yourself and don't worry about Eze, she will be fine, they are adaptable wee souls.

Thank you for your kind words, 🙏

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 09:59:55 AM »
Sorry to read you have not been well, but so glad you are on the road to recovery.

I was in the same situation a couple of years back, had to have emerg'y op and having no one close enough had to quickly put dogs  in kennels, I don't think it affected our relationship in a bad way - and when they came home they were models of obedience for at least a couple of days -  ;)  but thankfully all things got back to normal slowly.

Can't offer any help - but if these cyber wishes work you should be feeling better soon.   :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ips

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »
Sorry to read you have not been well, but so glad you are on the road to recovery.

I was in the same situation a couple of years back, had to have emerg'y op and having no one close enough had to quickly put dogs  in kennels, I don't think it affected our relationship in a bad way - and when they came home they were models of obedience for at least a couple of days -  ;)  but thankfully all things got back to normal slowly.

Can't offer any help - but if these cyber wishes work you should be feeling better soon.   :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

🙏🙏