Author Topic: You're going to think I'm such a bad Mum  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
You're going to think I'm such a bad Mum
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:43:37 AM »
I put Millie in the kitchen last night to go to bed but then she started a really quiet pathetic crying  :'(. I got up to have a look at her as thats very unusual. When I was cuddling her and thinking perhaps she's eating something dodgy I realised.....   I forgot to give her tea  ph34r ph34r :'(.  In my defense I'm not feeling very well but I don't think Millie really cares  :005:.

Millie

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
Re: You're going to think I'm such a bad Mum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »
I'm just surprised you got to bedtime before she complained.  :o  Mine would have started a full-throated protest by 6.31 pm precisely.  :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »
I put Millie in the kitchen last night to go to bed but then she started a really quiet pathetic crying  :'(. I got up to have a look at her as thats very unusual. When I was cuddling her and thinking perhaps she's eating something dodgy I realised.....   I forgot to give her tea  ph34r ph34r :'(.  In my defense I'm not feeling very well but I don't think Millie really cares  :005:.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  Bad mummy  :shades:

Millie was not going to let you get away with that though   :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
Gosh she has some restraint not bashing you over the head with her dinner bowl long before bedtime  :005: :005: :005:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 09:48:24 AM »
 :lol2: We forgot to give Darcey her dinner yesterday too! However yesterday was bath day so she had more than made up her calorie intake in bribe form - ham and primula cheese  ph34r I don't thnik she'll be starving to death this week....

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
Yep i've done that too!! But then a few times i've also accidentally fed him twice....

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
i do it all the time ph34r often i give Jarvis his dinner whilst on a walk as recall treats, so poor Lucy gets forgotten ph34r ph34r ph34r in my defense she does quite often happily starve herself so she's not a particularly hungry dog, and it does mean she eats her dinner when it's remembered ph34r ph34r ph34r I know, i'm a terrible mummy ph34r :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
mine have learnt the art of nagging  ph34r :005: :005:, i would never be allowed to forget their dinners, its spin whine yap, spin whine yap off kizzy if im late with their dinner or at treat time, she will try it on early sometimes too to try and get extra treats out of me or OH . i sometimes ask her if she wants to go out for a walk(she had spinal surgery so its up to her) and sometimes she will just go over to the treat box and whine, which means   NO give me my treat instead, :005:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 12:50:11 PM »
Bad mummy indeed!  I have often had to think back 'did I feed them?' each time I feed them though Maddi gets tucked in like she hasn't been fed for a week!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
It's breakfast i keep forgetting in the morning madness  ph34r sometimes it's 10 o'clock and I realise  ph34r So I am also a member of the bad mummy club  :005:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
No way I'd get away woith that with my lot, they all have their own little routines and behaviours to let me know it's meal time

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
Could never forget with my two  - Misha spins like top whenever I head towards the kitchen and Roly will run backwards and forwards from my desk to the kitchen as many times as required until you give him his tea (usually starts about 3pm)
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »
See D doesn't have set mealtimes - or set anything much really  :lol2: and I think that keeps her flexible. Plus she'll often have her food allowance in kongs while I'm out, or as training or grooming treats. Sometimes I wonder why she's being a pain and realise it's because half her food is still on the side  ph34r but it's rare.

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Hmmmm... my lot don't normally say anything. I forget it very, very rarely, but when I do, they don't normally remind me! The only thing that might make me aware of it is that they get up as soon as I do a lot more than normal.

But then again, our dogs are not used to a set meal time as such. Their two meals a day are in the morning and evening, but can be anything from 7 to 11 am or even noon and from 6 pm onwards... So they don't nag at a certain time or at any time at all (and I must admit, I wouldn't like that either).

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Lola starts "talking" to me as soon as I put my knife and fork down :005:
Sally & Lola xxx