Author Topic: Happy dogs in a time of madness  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Happy dogs in a time of madness
« on: March 11, 2022, 09:59:46 PM »
Just overdosed on all the day's videos of Crufts, a perfect antidote to all the horrible things going on in the world. Loved all the agility, the naughty rescue agility dogs behaving badly, the mad flyball, all those gorgeous animals and their owners, some good health advice and advances in getting stolen dogs given a status other than just property. All those beautiful hounds, I just sit there saying, I love a greyhound, a whippet, a dachshund, a wolfhound, a deerhound………etc etc. Sadly the Scotty didn't get picked, but did you see the Irish terrier that won the group? I could see him propping up,the bar with a pint of Guinness, looking for a fight. My favourite day, hounds and terriers.
Cockers on Sunday folks. (I do like a Gordon though).
A lovely few hours of sanity - dogs enjoying themselves. I could bring them all home 💖
Lesley 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Happy dogs in a time of madness
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:49:10 AM »
Sounds like the pefect way to lift the spirits at the moment! I forgot all about it, I‘ve got no UK TV reception here but no doubt Youtube will have the highlights, so I think I‘ll treat myself to some binge viewing this evening ,  :luv:
Enjoy your weekend!  ;)
 :luv: :luv: xx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 08:48:45 AM »
Jayne it is live on there Youtube channel overseas https://www.crufts.org.uk/show-information/how-to-watch-crufts

Think the ECS are sometime on Sunday - hopefully someone will give you a time so you can watch.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 11:42:58 AM »
Thanks Julie, have pm‘d you! Xx

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 08:44:52 AM »
I laughed at the idea of the Irish terrier on the pub , looking for a fight!   Great respect needed for big terriers,  too single minded to be suitable for police dog work. I’m surprised there aren’t scuffles in the show ring!
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed Crufts this weekend too! Thrilled for Baxter and loved seeing all the happy, wagging tails (and bums) of the gundog group. The flyball looks great fun doesn't it?! Makes me want to join a group or try out scentwork after seeing that springer working for the London fire brigade.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
It was brilliant, wasn't it. What a gorgeous flat coat that won, such a happy healthy dog, well-deserved. did't know they came in other colours than black! I remember Stuart Plane from my Scottie days, a very nice, fair judge.
I think my Dylan would be good at scentwork, all he ever does on walks is sniff, no interest in balls or fetching at all. We hide his treats round the house, or the garden in warmer weather, he adores searching for them.
Crufts has got so much better in recent years, sensible interesting items about health and behaviour in between the doggy stuff, at last the doggy people are not patronised as eccentric idiots as in the past.
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »
I've yet to catch up on the flyball - but will not doubt enjoy it as I always do.

Lovely result for BIS
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 07:22:42 AM »
Managed to pick it up and watch it live on Youtube, what a lovely afternoon! I only really like to watch the activities, agility, dancing and displays, I have a bit of a problem with all the show dog thing but that little cocker which came up as reserve was just joy on four legs! 
I had it screen mirrored onto the TV which meant we had to miss the evening news for once as well, sometimes its good to just escape!!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 09:19:38 AM »
Jayne so glad you got to see - the little cocker was a darling....must admit I love watching the agility too
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed