Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

What is hand stripping?

<< < (2/14) > >>

Mike:
thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

I tried using my finger and thumb to pluck loose hair out.. but currently there doesnt seem to be any. Pup's only 5 months (and one week), so perhaps its a bit early. Wish I could do more, as she's finding it really difficult in this recent humidity.

By way, her ears are already curly...  ;D                    

Jane S:
Yes 5 months is a bit early to start trying to handstrip - sometimes they are nearer 8 months before the coat comes out easily (or even later!) We have a 6 monther at the moment & her coat isn't ready for stripping yet - luckily she doesn't mind the heat & is bombing arould like mad, as normal :)

Jane                    

Michele:
And then there is Otis  8) he will be 6 months on the 8th Aug and his coat is still not giving an inch. He's black and has not stood still long enough to realise that the weather has been hot  :D                    

shaendix:
I couldn't hand strip my black dog til he was 12 months - just to give you an idea that some dogs do take longer. When it was ready to come I had a huge job on my hands and we have never really gotten through the front legs so I have to use thinning scissors on them - not as neat a finish but it does the trick.                    

Mike:
My hand stripping comb arrived this morning, the one suggested from Diamond Edge in the thread above. Heard a thud in the hallway (the post), then Daisy brought it upstairs to me - she must have known  :D

Just waiting for the coat king to arrive now (next couple of days) so hopefully I can devote this weekend to pampering Daisy  8)                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version