Author Topic: DAP plug in/DAP spray and Rescue Remedy  (Read 412 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
DAP plug in/DAP spray and Rescue Remedy
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:25:59 PM »
Hi all, I've got the same problem with Archie as I had with Odie - pooing and smearing it all over in crate when left (for 2 mins or 30 mins). 

I've been using a DAP plug in for a few days now and the DAP spray a couple of times.  Do these have an immediate effect or does it take a few times of using them?

I've heard of Rescue Remedy mentioned on here, would this be suitable/helpful in dealing with these problems?  I have already started popping him in crate whilst I'm in the house for a few minutes at a time but he is still screaming, howling and messing.... 

I want to make sure I've tried everything before I start using the technique I eventually used on Odie.  Cheers, Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: DAP plug in/DAP spray and Rescue Remedy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »
Hi. I've not used the dap diffuser but I have used the petremedy diffuser and spray. The diffuser takes a little while to have an effect, I.e. 10 to 15 mins but the spray is almost immediate. It really helps calm Archie down. I still use it when new people come to visit or if he is a bit wound up and hyper.

http://www.petremedy.co.uk/

It is cheaper on Amazon and comes with a free mini spray to try.
x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: DAP plug in/DAP spray and Rescue Remedy
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »
OK, thanks for that.  I sprayed the spray 15 mins beforehand as instructions said.  It didn't seem to have an effect (but I was obviously out at the time!).  The diffuser is continuously on.  Will persevere with them!
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!