Author Topic: night time woe  (Read 5356 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
Re: night time woe
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  The hour per month of age for 'holding it' seems roughly correct.  I'm currently getting up approx every 3 hours with Blue, and this mainly works.  He was perfectly happy with me sleeping at the side of his crate, but I couldn't continue that for reasons of physical discomfort, so going to bed and getting up regularly is the best substitute.  He seems to sleep in stretches of roughly 3 hours at a time too, which is handy.  When he nods off around 8pm, I seize my chance and go to bed!  I get up around 11, and again at 2 and 4.30 - if I leave it til 5 I have a poo to clean up.  Hoping that as the mornings get darker he will start waking later.
During the daytime he is pretty much clean and dry now, with just a very occasional accident if I am not vigilant. 

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
A final update, in case this helps anyone else.  We've settled into a nice little routine now.  I settle Blue to bed around 9pm, and head upstairs myself straight after.  OH takes him out at 11pm before he comes to bed.  I set my alarm for 2.30am and 5am, and he is doing all his toileting outdoors  ;) 
At the moment I am staying up after the 5am alarm, but hope this will get later as the mornings get darker.  He doesn't get noisy and upset any more, unless he needs to toilet and I'm not there straight away. 

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »
Hehe well done everybody especially
little Blue :luv:

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:52 AM »
Yes, little :angel:  Must post another pic, he's growing so fast...