Author Topic: Update - puppy with big problems  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
Update - puppy with big problems
« on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »
Thanks to all of you who replied to my post - the little chap is coming on well. 

I HAVE ONE BIG PROBLEM!! you will note that I told you that the woman I got him from said she had quote" 3 Weimaraners in the past, 15 Dobermans and Rotties at the moment - and 1 Cocker Spaniel bitch who she had a litter from" unquote......

I knew she was lying - nothing she told me fitted. I also knew that Denby's pedigree was false, I'm not daft!  So my friend phoned her yesterday and said she was looking for an older puppy.....she said "THERE IS ANOTHER LITTER READY AT THE WEEKEND" :o :huh:

I have a horrible feeling that this is a puppy farm, and this woman is selling the puppies for them - I do work for the RSPCA and have telephoned them.  Trouble is, this woman knows exactly where I live, that I live alone and has both my phone numbers......she is bound to know its me who has reported her.

Whoops - I hope I don't get any repercussions from this, and am a bit worried to say the least.

Tea and sympathy needed!!!

Offline alizda

• Site Member
  • Lily says hi too xxxx
Re: Update - puppy with big problems
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 11:50:40 AM »
if shes acting irresponsibly and neglecting these poor defenseless puppies (taken this as so from your description of puppy in previous post) then it is your duty to report her - if it stops her mistreating any more dogs then you have done well

if there are any repercussions then she is as guilty as anything and she knows it!

well done you

xx
Tracey & Lily xxx

Check out Lily's homepage - http://lilythesprocker.piczo.com

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »
I don't think you need to worry.

I do not think its illeagal, and you may well find that the RPCA don't do anything.

I hope I am wrong, but not sure really.

Just make sure your friend doesn't buy from her.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »
Please don't worry, you have done absolutely the right thing.  And remember, if she is flogging puppies from a puppy farm she has probably been in contact with numerous people, so I don't think she would necessarily suspect you anyway.  I hope that something is done, but as Cathy said the RSPCA probably won't be able to act unless they find dogs in dire circumstances as it is not illegal.  Evil, evil woman  >:D  I hope she gets her comeuppance.  Please keep us updated.
Ann and Pringle

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »
I wouldn't worry.

If she's selling pups on behalf of a puppy farm, there's bound to be a lot more concerned people out there who've had a pup from her.

If the RSPCA pay a visit it might force her to clean up her act, though sadly, as I understand it, they're pretty limited as to what they can do.

It makes me so angry that people are so irresponsible  >:D

Offline DuckyMcDuck

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 03:20:49 PM »
Good for you for taking action.

Denby is lucky to have such a caring and responsible Mum.

Offline kelly-joy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »
Well done for trying but the rspca aren't usally interested you could try trading standards they seem to do more.let us know what happens.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 04:07:50 PM »
If this person is a dealer (selling pups sourced from elsewhere), she needs to be licenced so it might be worth checking with the local council to see if she does hold a licence. If not, she's trading illegally and they can take action to stop her activities.

Jane

Offline Claire

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »
Good for you for taking action.

Denby is lucky to have such a caring and responsible Mum.

I was going to say just the same.  Well done for standing up for what's right.

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »
Ditto to all above!
Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »
I wouldn't worry.  I've tried to get the RSPCA to step in with a 7 month old pup who is not being looked after, but they didn't want to know. I'd be more surprised if they did do something.

You've totally done the right thing. You're just trying to prevent other puppies going through what Denby went through. Not all of the puppies will be as lucky as Denby to find a caring mum like you.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)