Author Topic: Puppy Teeth  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Ben

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« on: October 31, 2003, 09:54:32 AM »
Hi
Cinder's teeth are very sharp now - she is 11 weeks old on Monday
When will her baby teeth come out to be replaced with her proper teeth?
Ben                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 09:56:50 AM »
I think that Phoebe started to lose her teeth at about 16 - 18 weeks but it seems so long agao now!

Those little pins wouldn't be there forever!                    
Anita

Offline Michelle_S

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 05:08:33 PM »
Harry will be 5 months old on Sunday and is currently losing his baby teeth 4 have come out today alone :o :o - he started a couple of weeks ago and we won't  be that sad to say goodbye to those little daggers ;D                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 08:03:13 PM »
Sad that I am I've kept the baby teeth from my lot. Don't know what I'll ever do with them, but I did the same with the childrens so it seemed only right to do it for my canine babies :-*

16 weeks is about the time when they start to fall out ;D                    

Anonymous

Puppy Teeth
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 08:29:18 PM »
Blimey Michelle how did you find them ???  We managed to find one which was stuck in the girls bedding :)  Goodness knows where the others went, she probably ate them ::)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 08:43:21 PM »
I didn't manage to find all of them Emma but I have got about 4-5 from each of them......any suggestions as to what to do/make with them gratefully received ;D                    

Anonymous

Puppy Teeth
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 08:51:52 PM »
This probably sounds bizarre ::)but it's what I intend to do with Indie and the kids for that matter ;D

Get an old shoe box or hat box if you can, get all their things together, like teeth, you can get little trinket boxes to put them in.  First piece of puppy fluff, photos from the first one and put them in little scrap book in date order, first collar and lead etc etc you get the picture :)  And it then becomes "Indies Treasure Box" for example ;)  The kids can join in too and cover it with doggie pictures or whatever, its really nice to keep, and you know where everything is, saves hunting around for bits and pieces ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 07:54:56 AM »
Sad that I am I've kept the baby teeth from my lot. Don't know what I'll ever do with them, but I did the same with the childrens so it seemed only right to do it for my canine babies :-*

Me too ;D I pop them  in little envelopes and stick 'em in the nearest drawer - they're all over the house ;D and I find it so sweet when looking for something else, I come across a little envelope. I write on the envelope what it is and then enjoy the memory of the moment when least expected;D Soppy or what ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 08:41:40 AM »
I only ever found one of Jimmy's teeth.... and I've still got it somewhere. ::)

So far I haven't found any of Misty's puppy teeth and I'm sure they've all gone now. A couple of weeks back one of her incisors was hanging by a thread and I was dieing to yank it out....... a souvenir for all the holes in my arms, clothes, furniture and Jimmy's ears it had caused. ;D I took another look half an hour later and it had vanished.                    

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 07:45:19 AM »
Am I a soft fella?

Cos Ive got baby teeth from sophie and intend to keep and store the baby teeth from Sasha and Millie when they lose them.  What for? Well just because!  We kept the childrens baby teeth and the bracelet from the hospital when they were born.  It only seem natural that we would do the same with our canine babys.

I like the idea of a Treasure box to store all sorts of memories.

Steve                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 10:22:03 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one then  ;D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 06:11:16 PM »
I managed to rescue some of Vegas's as a souvenier of the months of pain he inflicted on me ::) but he ate most of them. Haven't got any belonging to Dallas - reckon Vegas must have ate them too :-X And Brook's got lost on one of our house moves :'(                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline swainstong

• Site Member
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 09:20:38 PM »
now i'm worried, i read post here saying how other pups have lost there teeth at 16- 18 weeks. reuben is 25 weeks and has suddenly started losing his 4 yesterday 2 today. is he holding onto them or a late developer i don't know. he seems to have no problems weight wise or with eating  depositing.                    

Offline english.springer

• Site Member
    • http://www.cropsafe.co.uk
Puppy Teeth
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 10:10:37 PM »
My 2 springers lost their needles at about 20/21 weeks and the cocker lost his at 19/20 weeks. I think it comes down to alot of factors but the main thing is that they come out, before the new are fully grown or a large dog dental bill!

:wink:                    
Good birds on the day are only as good as the dogs that put them there!.........If it\'s still moving send the dog!