Author Topic: Herbies 1st week  (Read 684 times)

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
Herbies 1st week
« on: November 04, 2007, 12:01:43 PM »
Wow!
Herbie has been here a week already - where'd that go?!
Things seem to be going ok so far.

He definitely responds to his name and can sit.
I'm working on the 'down' command now which he'll do if I put a treat in fromt of his nose and direct him downwards but not independently.

Housetraining also is going well.
So far no number 2's indoors at all, he'll go outside for those, it's just the odd wee we have to clear up!

At night time he goes in his crate from 11 and doesn't wake us til 6.30-7, no accidents either  :o
The 1st 3 nights he was going out once or twice to toilet but now he doesn't wake at all.  :angel:
Hopefully this is ok or should I still set an alarm to take him out just incase?

I'm beginning to regret having a black dog and black flooring in the kitchen tho!
The amount of time's I've nearly squashed him  :embarassed:
One moment he's by the back door happily chewing and the next he's under my feet  :005:

He is quite nippy sometimes when he's playing and seems to enjoy hanging off of my trouser leg  ::)

He seems to sleep a heck of a lot tho, one minute he'll be chasing a ball with me then he flops in his bed and sleeps for an  hour, is this normal?!

All in all I think his first week has gone well and we already love him to bits  :luv:

The Herbster!!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Herbies 1st week
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:12:24 PM »

Sounds like it's all going well - as far as sleep goes, I think the last 2 weeks have shown us that it is completely normal....
Honey would play and play then just collapse in a heap somewhere comfy near us... wake up, go outside, play, play and collapse again!

Now she's finding our company too exciting and isn't always getting her sleep unless we see she's too tired and ignore her for a bit - puppies do need a lot of sleep!

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline *kimbo*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
I am following Herbie's story with great interest. I am picking up my buddle of joy on friday so I have all the joys of what you are going through to come....cant wait and am sure to be asking everyone for advise!!! keep up the good work I hope my new addition is as good as Herbie!!! Kimberley

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:51:39 PM »
Herbie sounds like the perfect puppy.  :luv: :luv:

With Betty it was an hour on and an hour off as far as sleeping went.

Barbara, Betty & Millie x