Author Topic: just a quick question  (Read 1389 times)

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
just a quick question
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
i was wondering what age to cut down max to 1 meal a day,
ellie eats once a day and is fine with that, but i cant remember how old she was when i cut her down :huh:

any help would be much appreciated

also i have had terrible problems with max and his food, we have tried everything going and he has had diarrhea 24/7 since we got him, but ive started feeding him on hero puppy from asdas and fingers crossed its done the trick :shades: we have nice firm poos  :shades:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: just a quick question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:11:27 AM »
i can't help you sorry - as all mine get fed twice a day  :D

What foods have you tried with max? Just curious. And how long was he on them before you changed him over to another? 

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
I feed twice a day too, I split their daily allowance into two meals, am & pm. I know id rather eat twice than once.  ;)

But however their are lots of dogs that are fed just the once :blink: I think I would wait till they at least a year and be guided by the recommendations on your own food  :blink:

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
All ours are fed twice a day too...
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »
It's perfectly ok to feed once a day, but we have touched on this before and I think most of us feed twice a day so we probably won't be able to help you.

However, I am sure some do feed only once so I hope one of them comes along soon!

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 03:39:31 PM »
oh right well i was told to put ellie on one meal a day by the vets when i got her, but she is a bit fat  :P lol but i still used to give her toast or her favorite cereal in the mornings lol

i can keep them on twice a day that is no problem if thats best :shades:

since i have had max ellie has been getting fed twice a day 2 because i cant bear to fed one and not the other ::)

i just assumed eventually id have them both on one meal a day again

i have tryed every food under the sun that is ment to be good for them, iams, eukanuba, james well beloved, aswell as others and max has been changed gradually from each other about 2 to 3 weeks, with the vets guidence, but even chicken and rice kept max with diarea, so i decided to try the puppy version of what ellie eats and his poos have been great

:shades:

Offline donna26

• Site Member
  • Harvey
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »
i also feed harvey twice a day uptill a couple of weeks ago he was fed three times a day, he is only 5 and a half month i dont think he could last a whole day with one meal he likes his food to much, he brings me his bowl if i have not fed him on time  :005:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
oh right well i was told to put ellie on one meal a day by the vets when i got her, but she is a bit fat  :P lol but i still used to give her toast or her favorite cereal in the mornings lol

:o  Hope you're not giving cow's milk with the cereal

I would definately cut out the toast and cereal  ;) and just split the food allowence into 2 meals a day  ;)

he brings me his bowl if i have not fed him on time  :005:

Think Braan is telling me it's time for tea as I've just been given his food bowl  :005:

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:55:17 PM »
floyd is still gettin 3 meals a day and will only be cut down to 2 to as i feel he will be more settled gettin fed twice

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
ellie has always had water with cereal i know it sounds discusting but she loves it  :005:

when ellie was about a year old i was told by the vet to feed her once a day in the evening, which i did and she never had any problems at all, like i say she did enjoy sharing my toast and having the odd bowl of ceereal, but since having max she has been eating dog food twice a day, ive since decided to keep them both on 2 meals a day  :shades: