Author Topic: Crazy 5 minutes  (Read 1467 times)

Offline yaker28

Crazy 5 minutes
« on: May 25, 2008, 11:28:16 PM »
My 9 month old pup, Nobby, will for no reason go absolutley crazy for a 5 minute spell every now and again! He will just be laying there and for no reason just get up and start running around the house or garden at full pelt and then as quick as he sarted just go back to laying down or play with one of his toys.  He doesn't do any harm, but it seems odd as there is no real spark to it, ie we have been playing a game or something.  We walk him twice a day, once on his lead around the village and then off his lead in the evening across fields.  Does anyone elses cocker do this?  It can be quite amusing, but not sure what it's all about?  As mentioned, he doesn't get nasty, but it's almost like a switch has been flicked.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Crazy 5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »
Yep, I think they all do it  ::)  :005:  A mad 5 (or more) minutes is perfectly normal - Coco still does it sometimes and does the wall of death round the garden  :lol2:  Even my cats used to do it when they were younger  :luv: :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline yaker28

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:40:15 PM »
I'm glad that it's the norm.  I know that animals have strange behaviour and was kinda thinking it was just that.  At first we were wondering what on earth he was doing, but now we just leave him and he settles down.

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:59 PM »
Jerry definitely does this!  ::)   and it is generally at around the same kind of time each day aswell! Although its more like a mad half hour then 5 mins!!  :005:
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline LynseyAndChester

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »
Chester has his mad half-hour normally just about lunch time, after his walk. Definately the norm.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:47:07 AM »
Fern still does a ten minute wall of death, usually just before her dinner. She's 9 years old in June  :lol2: . It's a cocker thing  :luv: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:02:00 AM »
 :blink: yep we have that here as well - usually in the evening!
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 07:59:30 AM »
Eric does this whenever he gets in from a walk and then sometimes just because he feels like it.
I don't think it's just cockers because our Staffie used to do it and so did our great dane.
It's just dogs in general there all nuts, but probably not as nuts as cocker's  :005:

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »
Quincy still does this up and down the lounge! quite amusing to watch and would be actually quite impossible if not very noisy if i had wood flooring :005:! very amusing to watch though bless im
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Gunner

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »
Gunner has his Mad half hour after his evening meal thank doG the kids are in bed aswell  ;)

Offline Tiggs

• Ollie
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
We take Ollie >:D out for walks two or three times a day to try and wear him out. He isn't on the lead most of the time so he is running up and down all the time. Unfortunately this has the opposite effect and he goes mad for at least half an hour or more afterwards, but then crashes out. OH reckons the Devil waits for him around the corner. :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »
Kali has mad half hours which involve running round the coffee table almost on 2 legs she is that fast, running into the garden and then back again, through the lounge and into the kitchen and also doing the wall of death round the tops of the settees ::) ::)
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline The Woolys

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »
It's perfectly normal, we have it every day too, we just think its funny, Freddy doesn't know what we are laughing at!!

You should see him when he's had a bath, its a mad 5 minutes, ten times as fast!!

Offline Vino tinto !

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
My Tilly usually do's her mad five minutes on my bed in the morning !! Tearing up and down the bed,off and around the lounge (we live in a bungalow ) into the kitchen back through the lounge,and onto the bed again !! Sad thing is, I am usually in the bed at the time !!!  But you have to love 'em don't
 you !!! ???  :lol2:

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:25 PM »
floyd does it all the time the only problem we have is i think he is gradually losin his brain cells as he bumps his head on everything lol he is not the brightest wee man in the world lol