Author Topic: utterly shocked at peoples behaviour  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Re: utterly shocked at peoples behaviour
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »
Jack was absolutly fine tonight with everyone we met. I think hes had so many good experiences one bad one hasnt hurt him, though he did give the guys allotment a wide berth. I have been really surprised by peoples reactions every one has said it was wrong but some because they dont agree in anyone ever hitting a dog and others because they dont agree with anyone but them hitting their dogs.  >:D
It really upsets me when i see people hitting their dogs i dont understand how anyone can do it.  This guy didnt see anything wrong in what he did to Jack its that normal to him.  :'(
Dogs are just belongings to him. When we wer talking he was telling me how male dogs are like cheque books (stud fees) and when i told him Jack had been neutered he couldnt get his head round it.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »
I'm so pleased Jack's fine  :luv: :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:03 PM »
 >:D horrible ignorant man!!! It beggars belief that people like this still exist! - thought the world had moved on!!!!  You definitely did the right thing walking away though, I know its frustrating afterwards, thinking what you would have liked to have done and said but if you were there on your own you dont know how he could have reacted - you could have ended up on danger yourself! 

You do right to keep away from the creep, lets hope some poor dog doesnt end up living with him.  >:D
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline MaisieMay

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
oh my god, that is awful, I can not believe some stranger would do that.  You would not go and hit some one's child in the street so why do it to a dog.  

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »

That is truly appalling  :o why do people think they have the right to do that...i think you did very well restraining yourself...im afraid id have punched him on the nose to see if he liked it  >:(
Glad Jack is ok  :-*

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:44 PM »
You did the right thing.Walking away probably had more effect. It may also have made Jack feel more frightened of the man if he has seen you cross.

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:53 PM »
oh my dog ,how can anyone do this to a dog ,pup, i would of gone mad,hopejacks fine ,hopeyou are ok

Offline Tess72

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Ahh poor Jack and you i wouldve done the same walked off in shock even tho u think 2 youself i shud say somethin but it never comes out, but it is a warning to us all so thankyou for sharing your horrible time  :luv:
Tess n Florence xx

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
@SS >:(  Never mind, your influence on Jack is what matters and you are obviously a caring owner :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
Oh dear. What a horrible t**t. (Sorry).  >:D I'm afraid I wouldnt have been as diplomatic as you were so well done. Some people... there are now wors. I hope Jack is OK. XX
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline helen_c

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 03:01:13 PM »
Oh no - glad Jack's OK. Your post reminds me of when Tilly my WSS was a jumpy puppy - one of our neighbours thought the way to deal with that was to karate chop her on the nose, knocking her quite forcefully onto a concrete floor ... like you, I was shocked into speechlessness! I seem to remember quickly carrying her off and popping her into her crate for her own safety. Luckily her temperament is such that she still loves everyone - including, amazingly, this neighbour. (I made sure he was never in a position to do it again - and I found out he used to beat his own poor dog years ago. >:( )

Offline Victoria Plumb

• Site Member
  • ~~Adores her cockers Digby & George~~
    • digby
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »
aaaww your poor doggy :embarassed:  what a horrible man to do that. I think you did exactly the right thing, its sad but it todays day and age you have to be so careful as you just dont know what type of people they are.
Hope Jack gets over his bad experience quickly and forgets all about the nasty man :luv:

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »
Poor Jack and poor you. I think you did the right thing though.A man who could so quickly turn around and hit a dog that doesn't even belong to him is probably not someone you should tackle while on your own. >:D

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »
I too had a horrible experience while out walking Milo this morning  :-\

I thought of this post after I wrote it which is why I havent started another. I was walking Milo (offlead) through the woods after a really lovely long walk and saw a gawjuss GSD bounding towards Milo. I was not concerned as to me it looked like the dog was running up for a play so thought nothing of it until I heard a man shout "f****** hell! Simbaaaaa!!!!" and I thought 'uh-oh perhaps Ive misinterpreted' and called Milo back to me. Anyway said dog followed Milo back to me and was just playing so they had a little chase and we walked over to (still screaming) man. Anyway when the GSD got back to man the man walloped him around the head twice, dog ignored man and carried on playing with Milo. At this point I called Milo back and put him on the lead (man still irate, telling me that 'the problem with him (GSD) is his size and people are scared and I always have to justify him' (whatever that means)) as I thought 'uh oh I dont want to get this dog into more trouble'. Anyway, like young dogs do this dog followed us, still wanting to play so the man GRABBED A TREE BRANCH OFF THE FLOOR AND WHACKED IT ACROSS THE DOGS BACK. I have never been so shocked in my life, I even squealed out loud  :'( :'( :'( . The poor dog was obviously shocked and cowered behind my OH, back end tucked under him shaking like a leaf. I feel awful because neither OH nor I said a word (look hark me who in my previous post said I wouln't have contained myself  :embarassed: ) and I cried all the way home. The dog wasnt even his because he was saying that 'they told me to be careful where I let him off because he always runs at other dogs'.

I feel so ashamed that people behave like this and I didn't say anything.  :'( Poor, beautiful dog.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
I too had a horrible experience while out walking Milo this morning  :-\

I thought of this post after I wrote it which is why I havent started another. I was walking Milo (offlead) through the woods after a really lovely long walk and saw a gawjuss GSD bounding towards Milo. I was not concerned as to me it looked like the dog was running up for a play so thought nothing of it until I heard a man shout "f****** hell! Simbaaaaa!!!!" and I thought 'uh-oh perhaps Ive misinterpreted' and called Milo back to me. Anyway said dog followed Milo back to me and was just playing so they had a little chase and we walked over to (still screaming) man. Anyway when the GSD got back to man the man walloped him around the head twice, dog ignored man and carried on playing with Milo. At this point I called Milo back and put him on the lead (man still irate, telling me that 'the problem with him (GSD) is his size and people are scared and I always have to justify him' (whatever that means)) as I thought 'uh oh I dont want to get this dog into more trouble'. Anyway, like young dogs do this dog followed us, still wanting to play so the man GRABBED A TREE BRANCH OFF THE FLOOR AND WHACKED IT ACROSS THE DOGS BACK. I have never been so shocked in my life, I even squealed out loud  :'( :'( :'( . The poor dog was obviously shocked and cowered behind my OH, back end tucked under him shaking like a leaf. I feel awful because neither OH nor I said a word (look hark me who in my previous post said I wouln't have contained myself  :embarassed: ) and I cried all the way home. The dog wasnt even his because he was saying that 'they told me to be careful where I let him off because he always runs at other dogs'.

I feel so ashamed that people behave like this and I didn't say anything.  :'( Poor, beautiful dog.

God thats awful. I saw a really sweet old couple with their dog trotting along with a tennis ball in its mouth, but when it wouldn't let go of the ball they started hitting it in the face with their chuck it stick  :'( :'(.

Millie