Author Topic: Delicate subject  (Read 1286 times)

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
Delicate subject
« on: May 24, 2004, 08:51:27 PM »
Its' happened twice now, Dylan is only 4 months old; and he tries to mate with a soft toy belonging to my daughter. I know to a certain extent that this is normal behaviour BUT - ( I apologise in advance, tricky subject) his foreskin goes back so far and gets stuck.I don't want to go into too much detail, but it is unbelievable how red and swollen he gets and he is obviously in distress. We had to sprinkle cold water on him and eventually the problem was resolved. I have hidden the offending soft toy as I don't want a repeat performance.Should I mention this to the vet? I don't know if he is abnormal. Has anyone else had a similar experience.                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Delicate subject
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:02:53 PM »
Don't worry this isn't that unusual - our Arran had this kind of trouble when he was a youngster & grew out of it (so to speak :wink:) I found a nice cold flannel helped & if that failed, some KY jelly helped to get the offending part back where it should be :lol:

Jane                    
Jane

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
Delicate subject
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 09:32:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply; its just that he really was distressed, it took a long time to resolve and I had visions of emergency surgery. I am used to dogs but have never witnessed anything quite like that before!