Author Topic: Worming tomorrow!  (Read 576 times)

Offline Sprinkles

Worming tomorrow!
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
I have just purchased my Milbanax as I have been using Panacur which I understand is only effective on 1 type or worm. Am I ok to give this to him with his food in the morning. I'm at work for the next 3 days (although dog walker will visit) Just wondered if I should be around in case of any side effects. Not that I can do much if there are any!  :shades:
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline rwasinski

Re: Worming tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
Blodwen has taken Milbemax each month (up to 6 months) and has been fine, no effects at all. I just pop the tablets (2 for between 5kg and 10kg) into a small block of cheddar cheese and she wolfs them down. We took her to the vets each month to be weighed to make sure she got the right dose.

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Worming tomorrow!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
IMO i would wait until you are at home with him, just so you can keep an eye on him.  There is always a slight chance that he could be sick, and of course if you aren't there you won't notice, which also means he wouldn't have absorbed the wormer.

I usually give mine when i know i am around for the whole day, especially since one of my girls was sick with a wormer.  ;)  i waited a couple of days and then re-administered.  ;)
she was fine the next time though.  :blink:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie