Author Topic: Nacho sleeping habits (or lack of!!!)  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Welsh_Wizard

Re: Nacho sleeping habits (or lack of!!!)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »
No we don't although thats definitely a future plan - will go and get him a new fleece blanket!

Offline mooching

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
I can recommend this one - it's a great size (some of them come up quite small) and it's also quite thick:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180518735046&var=480003231042&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1749wt_905

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:25 PM »
My Rosie wears a little fleecy nighty...please dont laugh (she is a tiny cocker ) I got it from Asda  :blink: Its a little girls fleece top in pink and white aged 18 months....I cut the arms off and Rosie loves it  :005: :luv: it keeps her nice and warm and stops her climbing into my bed at 4 in the morning  :005:

Offline mooching

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
My Rosie wears a little fleecy nighty...please dont laugh (she is a tiny cocker ) I got it from Asda  :blink: Its a little girls fleece top in pink and white aged 18 months....I cut the arms off and Rosie loves it  :005: :luv: it keeps her nice and warm and stops her climbing into my bed at 4 in the morning  :005:

We MUST see a picture!!  :clapping: :banana:

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »

We MUST see a picture!!  :clapping: :banana:
Will get a piccy tonight  :luv:

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »

There we go ... Rosie is a little confused putting her nightie on at 7.30  :005:
At £1.50 it was a bargain and she loves it  :luv:
Jo

Offline mooching

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
Bless her!!  :luv:

Offline Welsh_Wizard

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Awww that pic is so cute. What a sweetie.

On another note, how many times are 17 week puppies meant to pee & poop per day?

Nacho is on his 4th poop today, all solid and well formed.

He must be on his 10th wee though. Tiny amount, about an eggcup but every 2hrs or so. Is that normal or excessive?

Offline mooching

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
Normal.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
My Lace is now 30 weeks old and still wee's alot but she has always just been properly twice aday  :blink:

if all is solid i would say he is doing just fine  :luv:

Offline Welsh_Wizard

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
I am starting to think Nacho has that separation anxiety issue as he still isn't settling down at night.

Heating is left on so he isn't cold. We have increased his food and incorporated a night snack so he isn't hungry. We are giving him 3 walks a day so he isn't hyper. We cover the crate at night and make sure he is ultra-snuggled in yet he still can't get through an entire night without crying. We have had him now for 5 weeks and I believe he has slept a night without disruption probably 5 times max.

When he does start to whine I get up to let him out then put him straight back to bed without any fuss.

I know you have to ignore him sometimes but his whining and barking is unbearable and I am worried about disturbing the neighbours. Also, I find that he goes so absolutely nuts he sometimes soils his crate - which he almost just did whilst I went over the shop for bread, a 10 minute excursion max!

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »
I apologise if you have already said this but where do you keep his crate at night time?
He is still very young and it might be worth letting him sleep in his crate in your bedroom until he is a little older  :D
Only this last week have we stopped getting up to let my six month old pup out for a wee when she barked at night, as she would go out side and snuffle around in the garden for a while before she eventually had a tiny wee :shades:

Offline Welsh_Wizard

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
His crate is downstairs and we are obviously upstairs. I am really not sure about letting him upstairs because I think that as he gets older, we'll find it harder to break any habits. Things have got to change though, can't have another night like last night

Offline jessandme

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »
Moving Jess's crate upstairs was something that we had said we weren't going to do.  We moved it up after advice from this forum and it did make a big improvement in her sleeping habits.  She was still needing to go out in the garden just once quite early, say 5:30, but I just put her straight back in the crate and she went back to sleep again until getting up time - this is what was different.  Before, she had been crying as soon as I put her back in the crate, and not settling, and I was up half the night with her. 

She is not allowed upstairs at all during the day, just at bedtime, we have a stairgate.   She finally started sleeping right through the night about two weeks ago when she was 7 months old.   We are terrible softies though and let her go to sleep on our bed - when we wake up she is usually curled up in her crate.

Remember you can always move the crate to the door, then out on the landing, then down the stairs, when he is a bit older and more settled.   The good thing about having the crate near you, when he is little, is that if he is just wanting a bit of reassurance then you are right there, and he won't get so wound up.

I hope you find something that works for you, with Nacho.

Offline Welsh_Wizard

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
Doing what you have suggested is literally the only thing we haven't tried now. We are both not fussed on the bedroom idea as as he seems to want attention, we just feel that he'll still whine but in the bedroom instead. However, another night of no sleep. Up at 2am and no settling despite every suggested remedy means that I'll try anything once!

Did you find that wee's and poops happened as usual when Jess was in your room? We have varnished floorboards in our bedroom which isn't likely to accept either too well! Did you just carry her downstairs and out the back?