Author Topic: The time has arrived  (Read 591 times)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
The time has arrived
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

Hi

It would seem my little girl is about to have her first season :'(

Noticed this morning when she was running ahead of me that something below her tail being prominent for the first time. After she had her shower I and started to dry her off I noticed her vulva was swollen >:(

I've read that the countdown starts when she actually starts to bleed :shades: or should I keep her away from other dogs now :dunno:

This is my first puppy so any thoughts would be appreciated :huh:

Many thanks, Mel.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: The time has arrived
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
I don't know at what stage they are fertile but with Pippa's first season the blood was extremely light and if we had waited until we saw some it might have been too late.  She really only left a spot every now and again if she had been sitting somewhere a while.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »
I don't know at what stage they are fertile but with Pippa's first season the blood was extremely light and if we had waited until we saw some it might have been too late.  She really only left a spot every now and again if she had been sitting somewhere a while.

Pearl was the same, she was also very tired/low energy during her season so it was easy to make the decision to "confine her to quarters"  :005: 

sarahR

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »
If you go on to Health there is a sticky about seasons there which is helpful. Might be a bit of a personality change among other things.  :D

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »
With Jinley the swelling was only a couple of days before the bleeding, although the male dogs did start paying her more attention (much to her disgust).

Like Pearl, Jinley was very lethargic and just couldnt be bothered to do anything.

Let us now how she gets on.

Pat

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »

Hi

Noticed this morning when she was running ahead of me that something below her tail being prominent for the first time. After she had her shower I and started to dry her off I noticed her vulva was swollen >:(

I've read that the countdown starts when she actually starts to bleed :shades: or should I keep her away from other dogs now :dunno:

Many thanks, Mel.

Aww Miya, you see growing up girlie :). You'll be your dad's beautiful big girl soon :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »

Hi

Many thanks, Mel.

Aww Miya, you see growing up girlie :). You'll be your dad's beautiful big girl soon :)

She's not going to get that big >:( if I've got anything to do with it :005: