Author Topic: Oldies decline so sad  (Read 1715 times)

Offline williamsmum

Re: Oldies decline so sad
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
Aw, sorry to hear about your girl, valcam. It sounds as though she had a wonderfully happy life though, and that's what it's all about really.  :luv:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 11:22:38 PM »
Sorry to hear about your beautiful old girlie. It must be so difficult. It's not something I've ever had to face as i lost both my previous cockers to cancer before their time. I'm really not sure which is worse. It does sound like Mollie is a wonderful character. Let's hope she gets over this little blip and continues to keep you on your toes.  :luv:

Offline valcam

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:09 PM »
Thanks Williams mum, we adored her, she was a real lady, wouln't play rough games with our lab and my boys when they were young, and she was very choosy who she let make a fuss of her, but she was such a gentle soul and a complete lap dog, her only aim in life was to get as close to me as she could as fast as she could, very sad towards the end, it was alot like spending 4 months with a poorly toddler, we did everything for her and would have still been had she lasted longer, it was worth it for all the times she looked so lovingly at us as if to say 'thanks mum'.

Offline Homebird

• Jessie 24.01.2001 - 11.08.2012
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »
I am so sorry you are having to see the decline in her health.  It is something not everyone thinks about when getting a new dog - but the dedication and love you are showing to her are something which we must be prepared to offer.  Once the puppy stage is over there are, hopefully, years of love and fun with your dog but they deserve time and attention when they move into old age.  

My rough collie started to wander off for days at a time when senility set in and became unpredictably incontinent (wee only) - but it distressed her very much, and we couldn't understand where she had gone when she never went out the house on her own before this.  Having a dog is a big responsibility and the latter years can be just as demanding physically as the first, and more demanding emotionally.