Author Topic: Having To Make A Dreadful Decision  (Read 13102 times)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
Re: Having To Make A Dreadful Decision
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Robbie, I'm sure Henry will redeem himself!

When I lost Danny last year, Minnie assumed "TOP DOG" position, even though she was only 2 years old and very WILD. She has really calmed down and is a true topdog now!

There is no doubt you will miss Charlie, I still miss Danny even now, but the pain has gone, though it was bad at the start.

If you need someone to talk to, please PM me and I'll be delighted to call you.

Henry doesn't need to redeem himself, he's lovely.  Just different to Charley.  It would be difficult to choose between them as both are so loveable.  I also had Charley to myself for thirteen years, whereas I shared Henry with Charley for two and a half years.

How is Henry now, Robbie?  I hope his medication has been sorted and he's now not having as many seizures as he was.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »
Unfortunately, Henry is still having seizures regularly. He had a seizure on the 5th June and again on the 7th June.  He seems to be having them about every two weeks and then two in succession.  Apart from these he's fine in himself and very loveable.  He's as lovely as Charley, but not as gentle: much more demonstrative.

On another note, I received a lovely sympathy card from the vet practice this morning and enclosed was a poem If It Should Be.  I really do appreciate their thoughts for me.  I have never had a card like this before.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2013, 05:50:17 PM »
Unfortunately, Henry is still having seizures regularly. He had a seizure on the 5th June and again on the 7th June.  He seems to be having them about every two weeks and then two in succession.  Apart from these he's fine in himself and very loveable.  He's as lovely as Charley, but not as gentle: much more demonstrative.

On another note, I received a lovely sympathy card from the vet practice this morning and enclosed was a poem If It Should Be.  I really do appreciate their thoughts for me.  I have never had a card like this before.

What a lovely gesture!  sorry that Henry is still having seizures regularly - has the vet done any blood tests recently?  If not, then ask them - he may not have the best 'therapeutic levels' of his meds in his bloodstream.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
He has had lots of blood tests and will have to have another next month before he can have a repeat of the Epiphen.  His vet is very thorough.

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
So sad to read about your situation - both your angst and devotion shine through in every word.  :'(
I also saw your pictures on the photo board and my word what a handsome chap he was :luv:

My very best wishes to you and sleep tight, Charley x

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »
So sorry to hear your news Rob, run free at the bridge Charley, and I hope that Henry's condition can be stabilized.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
So very sorry for your loss. Run free at the bridge Charley you will be missed.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »
My thoughts are with you Robbie, I really hope Henry's health will stabilise :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A