Author Topic: Common side effects related to cocker spaniel ownership  (Read 7437 times)

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
Re: Common side effects related to cocker spaniel ownership
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Hmmmm all of the above but this is the best one yet I think!
Assassination attempts!
Dog 1 is barking oh goes out to tell her off meanwhile dog 2 lays down behind oh who trips over her falls head first into the porch puts his arm thru the window knocks himself out! I run out after hearing the smash to find very dazed oh laid on the patio covered in blood with 2 dogs high tailing it into the house and hiding behind the sofa - the guilt was all over their faces.

Sorry, but had to laugh out loud... I was visualising the situation. Hope he is OK (your OH that is).

He's fine now luckily I'm a HCA so know first aid and had dressings steri strips to hand but he did have concussion and it was a do we go to hospital or not moment! But it is funny now lol mitsy is still terrified of his 'poorly' arm! Everytime I changed his dressing she would run up sniff the dirty dressing then run and hide!
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:57 PM »
Dripping wet balls in my pocket is another one.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:47 PM »
Dripping wet balls in my pocket is another one.
I seem to come home with a bagful of gnarly sticks, corks, and other rubbish I pick up from the park.

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
A heart swollen with pride and love for my cocker :) That's the best side effect! Never having a matching pair of socks, being able to find my shoes or find an item of clothing that is not covered with dog hair, those are merely minor side effects.

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
Never being allowed to enjoy a yoghurt without leaving enough in the bottom of the tub for the gruesome twosome to both get a lick........
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline RoryRawr

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »
Exhaustion from jumping up constantly when he puts things in his mouth!  ph34r

Constant feeling of guilt after telling him off, and cuddling him to death  :-*

Hair!! Dog hair everywhere!  >:(

Looking like a crazy lady when im out, because when people talk about thier children, i talk about mine and show plenty of photos!  :lol2: "Here here, look at this" *shoving photo of my puppy sleeping in peoples faces".

My underwear supply has literally halved in the space of 4 week.

My dresses are sporting little holes, ive lost track of the times people have pointed out ladders in my tights *Opened fresh that morning!*  >:D

But most of all the smile i get ever so regularly thinking about my little baby!  :D

Offline Ldavies38

• Mum to Mae
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
This il make u laugh!!
So my monkey picks up the Chinesse menu throughout the letter box and runs around with it. I ask her if she fancys a chicken dish(only kidding with her) then I can't believe I'm telling u this, but I pick up her fav toy!! A red squirrel with a bushy tail. I hold it and ask her to ask squirrel if he wants anything!! He replys with a few squeaks ( from me)!!  I then tell her to hurry up with the order, while she looks puzzled at me with her head tilt to the side!!! Squirrel then has another squeak and she grabs him and then all run off down the hallway! Whilst my OH has his head in his hands in pure embarrassment!!
It's all good fun, love a bit of role play with the squirrel !!
First time cocker owner 🐶