Author Topic: How did you pick your Cocker's name?  (Read 6979 times)

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

Re: How did you pick your Cocker's name?
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
We had such a job naming our Alfie.  I was adamant from the start I wanted Alfie but OH and my son wanted other names. It resulted in a "family meeting" and names in a hat.

I won  :lol:

Offline SueD

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:53 PM »
I've got 2 football mad sons so Toby nearly had some very (in my opinion) dodgy names....rooney,Gerrard, Lampard to name but a few!
Not sure how they got deflected onto Toby, but am very glad they did!!!

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2013, 08:33:29 PM »
We are frequent visitors to North Lancashire/Cumbrian borders.   There is a lovely gallery in the area and the owner had a beautiful Harlequin Great Dane called Jazz.  My OH said if we ever have another dog it must be called Jazz.  So when we got our new boy 8 years ago I really had no say in the matter.   I do like the name and it really suits him.  I often call him Jazzy B as our surname starts with a B.

Offline Rachelre10

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I found picking my babies really hard, Milo got mentioned to me by a friend and me and my other half loved it then when we got Millie we went though loads of names, just thought Milo & Millie go great together my M & M's  :D
And now being proud owners of another baby cocker Honey, I really couldn't make up my mind when I was visiting my nan, chatting about past dogs, she had a golden cocker many moons ago.
I loved the name and that's where or little bundle of joy Honey came from xx

Offline LozzyB1981

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
Some really interesting names and reasons behind them!

Cali got her name as California holds a special place in our hearts, we also spent 3 weeks travelling the state for our honeymoon. It was between Cali and Bell as we got married at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.

We were still undecided as we drove away with her from the breeders... when I was calming her down in the car I automatically called her Cali, and so it stuck!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »
This is a really interesting thread with so many lovely stories,

At the moment my bundle of joy is called Minstrel (his KC name is Thundergod Minstrel with the Minstrel coming from the Dam side). I rather like it, but also like Toby and Branston (cos he is a  pickle  :005: ) so not sure * and he is the colouring for a pickle.

I have not sent the  Change of Ownership to the KC yet, but will have to make my mind up soon for training purposes  :dunno:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »

At the moment my bundle of joy is called Minstrel (his KC name is Thundergod Minstrel with the Minstrel coming from the Dam side). I rather like it, but also like Toby and Branston (cos he is a  pickle  :005: ) so not sure * and he is the colouring for a pickle.

I have not sent the  Change of Ownership to the KC yet, but will have to make my mind up soon for training purposes  :dunno:

I love Minstrel, I think it's a lovely name - very unusual :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »

Think I will stick with Minstrel tbh, it was just a couple of folks I showed him to, said it was a bit of a mouthful (but what do you expect with chocolates  :005: ) I liked it first time I saw him and have been calling him that from day 1. Will stick to me guns, methinks  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »

Think I will stick with Minstrel tbh, it was just a couple of folks I showed him to, said it was a bit of a mouthful (but what do you expect with chocolates  :005: ) I liked it first time I saw him and have been calling him that from day 1. Will stick to me guns, methinks  ;)

Good decision :luv:. As much as I love her name now, I've always slightly regretted being talked into changing Brodie's name when she first came home ;)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 12:47:57 PM »

Good decision :luv:. As I love her name now, I've always slightly regretted being talked into changing Brodie's name when she first came home ;)

Strange isn't it how some folks feel the need to change things and for no good reason. I like Brodie, but what would it have been otherwise?

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2013, 08:29:23 AM »
Henry after my hubby's grandad (if we'd had kids a son would have been Henry)
Jasper after Jasper carrot and he's orange
George after the very gorgeous Mr Clooney although OH said it was after George Best (pfft no Mr H)
Sydney after my grandad
Harry (who were never meant to have) is Syds brother and was always escaping the puppy pen so I nicknamed him Houdini so when he came home with Syd it just ad to be Harry
Jethro after Leroy Jethro Gibbs from NCIS although OH maintains its after Jethro Tull (I don't think so)
Dhali is Jethro's sister and came to us at four months with the name. We did think about changing it but it really suits her and she's darling Dhali so we changed the spelling.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »

Good decision :luv:. As I love her name now, I've always slightly regretted being talked into changing Brodie's name when she first came home ;)

Strange isn't it how some folks feel the need to change things and for no good reason. I like Brodie, but what would it have been otherwise?

She would have been called Brenna :luv:. She is definitely a Brodie now though!

x In memory of Barney x