Author Topic: Yay, Finally!  (Read 818 times)

Offline Lily Pup

Yay, Finally!
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »
I've found Lily's 'thing'  :clapdance:

We tried gundog training but after leaving the dummy and returning with a still alive baby rabbit  ph34r plus her refusal to retrieve anything (except living ducks) from water, we came to a mutual decision it just wasn't for her.

Then we tried Agility, Errrrm, Aaaaah unfortunately digging out and eating a nest of mice from under the tunnel was far more fun than actually going through it, after that I just couldn't get her to concentrate so decided that wasn't for her either  :shades:

Last week I dropped lucky and managed to pick up a last minute free spot on a John Rogerson, Clean Boot Tracking course with her, she was ace  :D  She won 'Dog with most natural talent' (not sure what that says about me as a handler though  :dunno:  )   We managed to track a guy across a 50 acre field and find him hidden behind a hedge  :D   

So, we're continuing her education with this, she soo loves it, tail wags constantly and she doesn't get distracted by rabbits/ducks etc just nose down  and off we go  :005:   

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Yay, Finally!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
there is something out there for every one.
never heard of clean boot tracking but it sounds great.
off to google  :D
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
It's great when you find what makes them tick  :D
I heard it was a great weekend from one of my friends yesterday ;)
Janet & Poppy

Offline Lily Pup

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
It's like search & rescue, a person leaves an item off clothing at the start then runs off and hides, when hidden take Lily to the start so she can sniff the clothes and follow the scent to the person  :D

Yeah, it was a brill, my aching legs probably wouldn't agree it was a good weekend though, haven't run so much in years  :D

Offline Chocolate Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »
sounds like good fun, glad she's found her thing. Go sniffer dog in training :clapping:
Run Free my little Laddie xxx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
Lovely activity for a nosey, active cocker me thinks  :lol2:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:41:53 PM »
That's brilliant :D

William was a good agility dog and loved being part of our training club's display team, although has now retired from both. But I've yet to find something that 5 year old Louis and I can enjoy together, which is really disappointing for me because I like to do activities with my dogs and Louis is........ well a bit useless really :005:

Offline Catty_G

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »
So glad you found her "thing"  :D  it sounds right up my Bessie's street. I wonder if they have anything like that this end of the world?  :)
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am

Offline Lily Pup

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »
So glad you found her "thing"  :D  it sounds right up my Bessie's street. I wonder if they have anything like that this end of the world?  :)

There going to hold another weekend next year, if your on F/book it'll be advertised on the inline dog training page.

I've also found a local trainer that used to actually be a search and rescue person and a trainer :) he's doing a class on a Sunday so we can keep it up :)

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »
Yay well done Lily :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »

Have a look on the Kennel Club website, they  cover activities, obedience, working, field trials etc., they may have something on this and if so point you in the right direction
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Catty_G

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
There going to hold another weekend next year, if your on F/book it'll be advertised on the inline dog training page.
I've also found a local trainer that used to actually be a search and rescue person and a trainer :) he's doing a class on a Sunday so we can keep it up :)

Thank you I'll go and see if I can find them.  So glad Lily will have a chance to keep it up, it is so great when they can do something they love :D
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am