Author Topic: You know autumn has arrived when.......  (Read 963 times)

Offline woodlander

You know autumn has arrived when.......
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »
Sweep obviously decided that the indian summer we've been having is finally over.  Usually after her morning wee she ventures up onto the bed and has been lying on top of the duvet.
This morning however there was simply tooooo much wind and rain and she decided to bury herself under the duvet clearly hoping it would all just go away..... :005: :005:

Offline sodpot2000

Re: You know autumn has arrived when.......
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »
Buster wasn't even for going out. He saw it was still dark and raining - shot into an old armchair and refused to get out! Very BIG eyes.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »
Winter spring summer and Autumn, Archie sleeps under the covers every night!  :shades: He's not ever really fussed about getting up and going out in the morning. Lazy lump!  :D

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
Ollie gave a look of disgust when he saw the rain which has been around most of the day  >:D he has a face like a smacked bottom.  :005:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline lescef

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
My two have retreated to their furry beds for warmth rather than lie on the kitchen floor which they do in the hot weather.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline linda c

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Blue's been curled up on the settee all day. It's just stopped raining at last and he's decided he will go for a walk now :D

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
Brodie doesn't sleep in my bed at night (her choice), but now the mornings are getting colder she has started coming under the duvet and snuggling on top of me again. She always seems to be able to tell when my electric blanket is on :005:.

She hates the rain, so it's pot luck whether she will walk or not if the weather is bad :P.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Jazz's face was a picture when I opened the back door at 6.45 am to let him out.  I had to wake him and he was lovely and warm and cuddly.  He put one foot on the edge of the step, stopped, looked up at me as if to say do you think I want to go out in this pouring rain and howling wind.  I gently put my foot to his bum and closed the door behind him.   Not a happy doggy. 

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »
We've actually got rain today and some thunder and lightning around. Lady + the 2 foster boys went out for the quickest wees on record!!! They've all been barking at the thunder!!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »
Bit the bullet and turned the heating on today.

Just returned from a very windy and wet evening walk with our two and, after a towelling down, they've each taken up residence alongside radiators in the living room  :005:
There's a lovely warm dampish doggy aroma permeating the house and Dot and I are each sipping a mug of mulled wine  ;) while listening to the wind and rain battering the windows  :lol2:.....Warm, safe and snug together....Doesn't get much better  :luv:

Bob.

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
In our house the cockers will go out in any weather it's the pointers that need a firm foot up the butt.  ph34r
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
Bit the bullet and turned the heating on today.

Just returned from a very windy and wet evening walk with our two and, after a towelling down, they've each taken up residence alongside radiators in the living room  :005:
There's a lovely warm dampish doggy aroma permeating the house and Dot and I are each sipping a mug of mulled wine  ;) while listening to the wind and rain battering the windows  :lol2:.....Warm, safe and snug together....Doesn't get much better  :luv:

Bob.

Mulled wine .....love it :lol2:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed