Author Topic: Would your dog protect you?  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Ernies mum

Re: Would your dog protect you?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 06:05:16 PM »
Ernie is the soppiest most loveable dog but a couple of months ago I was walking him along the street in the dark , a man who had obviously had a bit too much alcohol was approaching us & tried to talk to me as we walked past . Ernie must have sensed I was uneasy & barked at the man who then gave us a wide birth  :clapping: .
If people approach our house , Ernie will use his " big dog bark " , which I have to say sounds impressive , you'd never know there was a cute spaniel behind the door  :005:Once they're in the house though they're greeted with a happy spaniel wiggle  :005:.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »
I can say with all honesty if I was ever attacked by rabbits Teal would do her duty.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 10:54:50 PM »
Shh don't mention bunnies....it can upset some dog owners :rofl1: :rofl1:

Cockerpooooooos
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:23 AM »
 :005: :rofl1:

Offline daw

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »
My spaniels would never have been much good protecting me but I guess they'd have tried. I did have an incident when our lab x was attacked by a couple of farm collies and our spaniel joined in! I was amazed. He lasted about 30 seconds so I was able to pick him up out of harm's way. Needless to say lab x put both collies to flight, being a bit of a bruiser.   

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 11:22:25 PM »
Well...we had the gas man over during the week...grrr grrr grrr grrr woof woof woof grr grr...He put his stuff on the floor and said hello to Charlie; he was his best friend.

The window cleaners however...He doesn't mind them at my mam and dad's house...But definitely not at my house. One had knocked to collect his money, Charlie was going ballistic...I've never seen such a stretch to get money mind  :005:...anyway Charlie finally calmed down...The window cleaner went to pet Charlie...I'm pleased I had hold of his collar otherwise I imagine the window cleaner would have had a little nip  :005: >:D.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline cockercross

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
Technically the mop,(millie,as she soaks up as much water as a mop), is only part cocker but God help anyone that gets to close when we are out. >:D

Offline redlottie

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »
yeah I think both of mine would, in different ways though...Otto would protect anything - his home, his ball, or any person he needed to.  Whereas with Albie it would just be me and would be down to his possessiveness.

Offline Deja_14

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
If my OH is taunting me or our cocker Max he will often run to me and then become very brave! He has a deep growl and will bark! I would like to think he would protect me to the best of his abilities!  :005:

My black lab will get in between me and OH if we are play fighting and she has a very convincing big dog growl and bark! :o :luv:

Offline Mel X

• Mels Crafty Delights
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 07:07:20 PM »
I think mine would create merry hell if I was attacked but it would have to be a complete stranger doing the attacking.  They wouldn't protect but they would bark for the world to let everyone know they weren't happy !

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 09:44:33 PM »
Not sure about protecting me from another person but there is quite a large, young Gordon Setter who sometimes comes and jumps up at me, in a friendly way, when we're at our local cricket field and we've known him for ages but Pepper isn't keen on it and will run over to me and jump all over the other dog barking his head off as if to warn him off. Once I've reminded Pepper everything is OK he's fine and we're all friends again... I think it means he would protect me but there again when I had a host of strange builders in to the house a couple of years ago, he welcomed them all in without hesitation!  :005:

Offline Snoopy

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 07:50:10 AM »
I don't think mine would do much...they might bark but would be soon won over if they were offered any kind of food  :005:

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 11:02:02 AM »
I think Bracken would, he's a friendly dog, ignores other dogs plays with ones he knows but not often, he's fine and all over people he dosen't know if I let them in at home, if I don't let them in and someone else does he'll bark at them and sort of back off then bark, whilst camping a few times if he's heard something he'll give a little growl so the question would your dog protect you, I think Bracken would but I wouldn't know for sure god forbid something did happen!