Author Topic: Its Me Or The Dog  (Read 11381 times)

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »
Dog Behaviour programme on Channel 4 8.30pm Wednesday 31/08/05, dont miss it!!!!!!!!!! <_<
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 11:35:43 PM »
Allison, how many glasses of wine have you had?  :lol:

Existing thread
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »
Allison, how many glasses of wine have you had?  :lol:

Existing thread
[snapback]143587[/snapback]

omg sorry I had not read anything else, and beleive it or not its my first ALCOHOL FREE night for 6 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 11:42:07 PM »
beleive it or not its my first ALCOHOL FREE night for 6 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
[snapback]143588[/snapback]

That explains it then  :lol:
Oldies Club

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 11:53:08 PM »
Who is Victoria Stillwell, does anyone know?

I've found her bio: Dog Trainers of New York

She is a professionally trained actress who began a dog walking business in London, moved into dog training in 1990; and opened a training school in NY in 1999  :blink:
Oldies Club

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 07:21:38 AM »
and she is described as "having no fear" of any dog and believing that all non-breeding dogs should be castrated as it makes them easier to train  <_<
[snapback]143519[/snapback]

I dislike her already  :D
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline isla

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 09:12:47 AM »

I dislike her already  :D
[snapback]143594[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me too whats all this "I use my background in theatre..." nonsense??

Feel the need to sit and comment loudly at the tv tonight!!!! Hee hee!! :rolleyes:

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 09:57:13 AM »

So what did everyone think ? Despite the silly "ruling the roost/dominance/chop their nuts off" stuff, it was a lot better than I expected . It was a bit gimicky and quick fix for my liking but maybe it was just a taster for the series and fututre programmes will go into a bit more depth on single issues. I still wish they'd got a proper, established and respected trainer/behaviourist to do the show though - maybe they think this woman with her silly outfits and manner will shift more books. I'd like to have seen her hold the two Labs on the lead and then try and tell us she'd taken instant control of the dogs, she would have been dragged along the street with her chin bumping along the pavement. Far easier to show her being the boss by standing there with a couple of bits of chicken in her hand. :D

(Give me 20 boistrous Labs over the child that appeared on Supernanny though - I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why he behaves the way he does but I'd be hard pressed to use reward based training with such an evil little monster, it'd be choke chains, electric collars and a baseball bat.  :ph34r:  :D )

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »
this woman with her silly outfits and manner

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought that!!

What were those boots all about?  She looked like something that had been regurgitated from WWII - the German side I may add!!

:P  :D

Oh, and I watched Supernanny too - what a little brat!!  Maybe I am just lucky, but I have been a single parent since my son was 4 and he NEVER behaved like that in all his life!!  

I would not have let him!

Sorry, straying off thread.....
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 10:08:55 AM »
mixed views here as well, I'd have liked to see a little more detail about how she built up the responses, it all seemed a bit of a quick fix, which may give people the wrong impression about the patience and work required.  but even so some interesting results -

OMG those boots :D
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 10:10:20 AM »
I though it was a load of rubbish

Like how did she have the dogs under control within minutes? Even Alfie will do that if I have a high value treat dangling in front of his nose :)

As for the lying down in the park if your dog wont come back - yeah right. :D

It appeared to be short term fixes- apart from the castration of course :huh:  No real training at all imo
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »
I'm not sure what to make of it!! it didn't show any training on the lead at all  :rolleyes:  anyone can get a Lab to sit still with a treat in hand, it's not rocket science   :rolleyes:.... and  the silly outfits, Emma Peel comes to mind  B)

.......as for that child on Supernanny  :blink:  sorry but he wouldn't have been allowed to go that far with me  :ph34r: a quick sharp slap would have done the trick, oopss forgot, your not allowed to slap anymore  :rolleyes:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 10:15:58 AM »
The whole dominatrix gimmick really annoyed me too but that's TV for you - I doubt Super Nanny really goes round wearing that awful suit & carrying that enormous bag but that's the image they've chosen for her :lol:

Didn't think much of the program - it made it all sound too easy with no in depth look at how the results were achieved. Some advice could actually be dangerous if used on dogs other than those amiable Labs ie snatching the plate of steak away when training dogs to wait before eating :o

Jane
Jane

Penel

Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 10:41:35 AM »
Mmm the dominatrix thing really irritated me too - how pathetic.  Why didn't they get a proper dog trainer, rather than an actress turned dog walker.
OK she got results - but tbh lots of it was common sense - shut the f*cking door if you don't want the dog to come into the bathroom when you are having a bath !!!!! :lol:
We're gonna have fun reviewing this each week aren't we !!!! :D

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 10:52:57 AM »
I thought it was OK-ish, the family were complete drongo's though  :o didn't make me proud to be a northerner put it that way  ;)

Every problem they had with the dogs was their own fault  :rolleyes: none of it was rocket science ;)

And as for Supernanny, that kid was the most evil naughty child I have ever seen. The whole time I was willing his Mum to pull his pants down and smack his bum  :ph34r: I had a sore head after watching it!!!