Author Topic: Its Me Or The Dog  (Read 11380 times)

Offline isla

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 10:57:45 AM »
I thought it was interesting although those boots were awful with the cropped trouser thingys. Just shows you can have a great figure and still look crap!! Miaowwww

I felt really sorry for those poor dogs when she put the steak in front of them. Personally I would have knocked the daft woman off her boots and scoffed the steak (and thats as a human).

The humping was awful though. That poor wee boy's friends must have dreaded playing at his house!

Going to be an interesting series!!

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 11:03:32 AM »
I think it's good that there's a programme on dealing with "problem dogs" (although of course it's mainly "problem owners" that are the issue). But I don't think it explained anything very well - I mean I got what she was saying but maybe that's because I've done lots of reading about training etc already. It all seemed a bit too miraculous, that suddenly they were behaving absolutely perfectly. Especially the leaving food thing - I'm being taught that in dog training and according to the teacher it has to be learned in several stages - first of all leaving the treat that is in your hand, then under their nose, then on the floor, and then you move onto bigger things. Bella is perfect if you put a treat on the floor and tell her to leave it but that doesn't mean she wouldn't wolf down a steak that was put in front of her!  :lol:

I think they should concentrate more on the "hows" rather than the "befores" and "afters", otherwise how is anyone going to really understand what they are doing wrong? It's a bit like with the Supernanny thing, the naughty step idea - you really see the parents having to work through getting the child to stay where it's put, you don't just see the nanny saying "put the child on the naughty step and it will all be okay" and then footage of that happening.

Interesting that it's put on just before Supernanny though as I often watch that and think it's a bit like how you should be with your dog! Wasn't that boy a complete little brat, and his poor little sister didn't seem to get a look in with her mum, and then suddenly this baby appears from nowhere?!
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 11:06:49 AM »
oooh i missed supernanny(my cat has been missing for a few days and someone called me to say he was at the local shops so i had to go get him)hope oh taped it i am going to look in a mo.
    as for the doggie trainer programme it was pathetic,as already mentioned anyone could have a dog under control in minutes with tasty treats(hmm wonder if this is why paddy so heavy)and as for the juicy steak on the plate bit my oh said he would attack me if i tormented him like that never mind a dog!and what a stupid family i was cracking up laughing my kids want to go an live with them they reckon they could get away with murder there.how were they allowed to rescue a dog i think they were more in need of rescue.
lyn

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 11:22:12 AM »
Hope you got your cat back Lyn  :unsure:

Wouldnt we all have perfect dogs if it was that easy.  :blink:   She lost all credibility from me when she turned up with the dominatrix boots and white coat.  A dog owner would never wear a white coat!!  :P  I wanted to know how she stopped the dogs pulling on the lead, but they didnt show that.

If you dont want your dog sleeping with you, you dont let it in the bedroom - seems simple to me.  If you dont want your dog peeing when you come in, dont get him all excited - its not rocket science.

It will be interesting to see how she copes with real dominence issues though and on the plus side I liked the way they dealt with the plight of rescue dogs.  I just wished that these sort of programmes put the emphasis on the fact that it is problem owners and not problem dogs  :ph34r:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 11:59:11 AM »
And as for Supernanny, that kid was the most evil naughty child I have ever seen. The whole time I was willing his Mum to pull his pants down and smack his bum  :ph34r: I had a sore head after watching it!!!
[snapback]143738[/snapback]

When the guy went to smack him but realised he was being filmed, he seemed to do it half heartidly. There is nothing wrong about getting the odd smack here and their when your child if you've been really naughty, It never did me any harm and I learnt my lessons pretty quickly.

As for that supper doggy woman,  she's rubbish and a complete weekling. When she said you make this noise to stop  then humping, she had to make the noise three times loudly before they stopped, really in control there  :rolleyes: .
Cayley.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 02:51:43 PM »
Thank goodness I missed Supernanny this week!! I saw clips of the darling little child and I think I would have throttled him in 5 mins :angry:  And then slapped the mother for being so pathetic!!

As for the doggy one - I thought it was okay-ish. Certainly not as bad as I expected but the dominance thing got on my nerves. And the training exercises she did were just common sense really. Wasn't it amazing how the dogs stopped humping the minute they left the vets  ;)  :lol:  It might have been better to extend the programme to an hour so that the techniques can be discussed in greater detail.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »
I thought the doggy prog had two positives, the lovely labs (i will enjoy this series for the dogs and thats all)

supernanny - i think i must be the only person who felt for the boy, i didnt think he was as people have said an evil brat, it is quite clearly that mother, she admitted that she wants him to be her exclusive little baby (never mind her two younger children), we could see the lovely boy when boundaries were clearly put in place. he has been given too much power, i see our 4 year old from time to time try to behave like this - not that he does or can for that matter.
paul
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 04:23:41 PM »
I thought the doggy programme was annoying but i know i'm gonna watch it again next week :P   Wasn't that trainer, actress, woman awful!

Maybe the child in supernanny was traumatised by the size of the TV in their lounge!! :D  :D
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 04:23:55 PM »
Regarding Supernanny: it just cemented the fact that I dislike all other children except for my own  :ph34r:  :lol:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 04:49:40 PM »
:) Enjoyed it ....but agree about the silly clothing  ;) ....and it wasnt in depth enough, she made it look like you could train two unruly labs in half an hour  :rolleyes: ....I'm sure you cant  :lol:

Maybe it will improve  ;) xx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Emily

• Site Member
  • Crystal <3
    • http://www.molkara-cockerspaniels.piczo.com
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 05:00:39 PM »
OH NO!!! I missed it was looking foward to it aswell :(  :rolleyes:

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 05:02:40 PM »

It seems we all more or less got the same impression -  it was more about wifeswap/supernanny style voyeuristic entertainment and the presenter's desire for celebrity than an educational dog training programme. Hopefully we'll be proved wrong in future weeks, as if it just turns into Miss Whiplash Weaving Her Magic Wand each week it will be a complete waste of time.  :D

What next - Petswap ? The council estate chav thug's Staffie being swopped for a week with Miss Prim and Proper's pampered pooch from Putney ? (How was that for tabloidese alliteration ? :D )

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 05:07:34 PM »

What next - Petswap ? The council estate chav thug's Staffie being swopped for a week with Miss Prim and Proper's pampered pooch from Putney ? (How was that for tabloidese alliteration ? :D )

:o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »

[snapback]143786[/snapback]
:lol:  :lol:
Now that would be a programme worth watching! Colin, get on to Channel 4 with your idea immediately  :D

Never mind the kinky boots, who ever wears tights with cropped trousers  :o  :rolleyes:
When she gets her celebrity status, the first programme she should be on is What Not To Wear, she says she's not afraid of any dog, but with Trinny & Susannah being the Rottweilers of the fashion world that should make for good viewing  :D

What made me laugh is after all the time they spent clearing up the excitable pee (or not as the stains on the slabs were still there) they then had loads of drool and slobber from one of the dogs when they plonked the steak in front of it.
Hope they cleared that slippery mess up................."had an accident? Not your fault, call injury lawyers for you now"  :lol:  :lol:

Also wasn't it strange that the bitch that the dog refused to come away from in the park was "coming in season", how convenient for Miss Whiplash/Dominatrix  ;)

Sue H

Its Me Or The Dog
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 06:11:07 PM »
Ohhh poo!  I missed both (Supernanny by accident on purpose I think!).

I saw ads for the doggy thing, but I thought it might be a bit like Britain's Worst Pet that was on a few months ago (remember the meat-eating parrot(!) and the assortment of canines who had been so spoiled that it beggared description (my darling little Rotty likes 3 packets of Maltesers every day or else he gets nasty!!!)).

So, I can't really comment, except to take on board some of your posts, and agree that 9/10 it is the owner/s who are at fault, not the dog - but then again, you never stop learning (even from Victoria Sillywell or whoever) so maybe I'll make the effort next week ...!!