Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 11825 times)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 08:00:43 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this news.  It must have been a heartwrenching decision to make. Please don't beat yourself up over it as you have made the right decision for both you and the dog, in my opinion.
I really hope Beau settles for you.
To add to what Hel said in her post. I have done the same with Alfie in as much as I now say 'Back in a minute' if I'm out for a short time and 'See you later' when I go to work. He seems to have picked up on these phrases as he now crawls under the seat I have in the hall and curls up. He never goes under there if we're at home! and I haven't had the neighbour ring me at work to tell me he's howling.
Sending you lots of support and good wishes.
Lou.

Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Sad News
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 09:18:30 PM »
Well, I am just back from my friends house (again!) as I had something to hand into her, and it was just her hubby who was in.

He said that I should just have brought Beau along too as he will not settle tomorrow on his own as he has never been alone in the whole 10mths of his life.

I told him I had to give it one last shot, I will know by 1pm tomorrow, and I would always be wondering how it would have turned out if I brought him back tonight too.

We have only had Beau since the end of September, so if he has to go back, it will not be quite as heartwrenching as leaving Soph.  :(

He is a lot more laid back than Sophie was, not as clingy at all, so you never know, but I am not getting my hopes up as I now know how horrible it feels when it goes wrong.  :unsure:  

Thanks again to everyone who has posted, it has been a great comfort.  :)  

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »
Awww, Aileen, hon, you have worked like a trouper to give both of them a happy home, no one could have done more. :(

I'm so sorry, but you are a wonderful dog person for knowing what's right for ALL of you - you deserve a life too. I am lucky not having neighbours, otherwise I my have been in the same boat.

I'm sorry - just don't be too hard on yourself, ok?

((((((bighugs)))))))))
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Sad News
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 10:08:39 PM »
These decisions are among the hardest in life but it was all you could do.

Finger's crossed it all works out.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Sad News
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »
You've made a very brave and hard decision. I hope it works out for you with Beau.
Anita

Offline loubylou

• Site Member
    • http://
Sad News
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 10:25:05 PM »
Aileen hope all goes well tonight and tomorrow i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you as you are for me :)

love to you and beau and sophiexxxx (hope shes doing ok?)

with love from Lou and Rusty

Offline denisec

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 11:09:11 PM »
Hi Aileen

So sorry to hear your news.  It must have been a very tough decision  :( , but a good one for all of you.

Fingers crossed that Beau settles  :)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
Sad News
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2005, 12:22:13 AM »
So sorry to hear about the hard decision you had to make.   A co-worker is re-homing one of her dogs as well due to the same difficulty and she is devastated, but it is for the best in the long run. :(
Bailey and Mom

Offline PennyB

Sad News
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2005, 12:54:25 AM »
So sorry to hear this news, I know how awful SA can be for some dogs

Might be worth practising NILIF with Beau or something like it so he doesn't get too clingy. I hope he doesn't have to go back and can settle into a routine on his own.

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline paddys mum

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 08:05:48 AM »
So sorry about the decision you've had to make  :( it must have been a very hard thing to do, I know what you've had to go through to get you to this point. You've treid everything you possibly could to help Sophie. I hope Beau is ok this morning it's amazing how resiliant dogs can be he is omly 10 months old and could well learn to adapt to life as an only pup, more cuddles for him. treats he doesn't have to share  :D He might come to like it  :D
(((((hugs)))))  for you and for Beau hope it goes ok this morning
Nicola, Grace & Paddy xxx

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2005, 08:17:50 AM »
I hope everything goes well for you today Aileen.

Vahri is a barker and I have to say my neighbours have been very understanding, but like you I've always worried about what if they get sick of her.

Fortunately she seems to have gotten the drift and although she hates being left, she tolerates it. Ruffy has grown up with her and I've wondered if he'd pick up her bad habits, but he's such a laid back wee man he doesn't seem to bother - he just goes ape when you come again  :rolleyes:

Let us know how today goes  :unsure:

Be good for mum Beau.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2005, 09:00:53 AM »
So sorry Aileen  :(  you have tried  everything  and it didn't work.... for what it's worth i think you have made the right and  very brave decision....  You have to live your life too.  Fingers and toes crossed for Beau you never know, he just might surprise you   ;)  xx  (((hugs)))
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Shazza

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2005, 09:16:38 AM »
Sorry to hear the news about Sophie, I hope things work out with Beau.  Don't be too hard on yourself, you tried everything you could.

Sharon and Jarvis

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Sad News
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2005, 09:26:42 AM »
aileen,you did what was best for all of you.i really feel for you and i for one think you are so brave.you looked at the situation and even knowing it would break your heart you did what needed to be done.i admire your love for your dogs and my heart breaks for you.i know by reading your other posts that you tried everything within your power to resolve a very dificult situation.i hope things work out with beau.

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
    • http://
Sad News
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2005, 09:43:28 AM »
:(  You have made the right choice, no matter how hard.  You have treid everything you possibly could.  Lesser people would not have tried, and felt nothing but relief when handing back the dog.  I really hope Beau settles quickly for you.  Thinking of you....
Sarah and Bramble XX