Author Topic: Look What I've Got!  (Read 14501 times)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2005, 12:59:22 AM »
I hope it works out Gill  :( but if (a BIG if) it doesn't no one can say you didn't try or give it a chance.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2005, 07:37:15 AM »
For what it's worth, I can really empathise with you Gill. Tia and Jack had a few quiet days, and then went at each other hammer and tongs for ages. At 2 weeks I was ready to take him back (to Many Tears :ph34r: ) but things got a little easier.
At 3 months after a bad fight (they were infrequent by now) the vet said
3months? well, look at your situation again after 6 months. We haven't looked back.
Tia still puts Jack in his place now and again, but quietly now.
Good luck. It depends a bit on whether your nerve holds out. You have twice the number of dogs that I had to handle, so much more difficult if they all pile in.
It is really scarey and really upsetting. :unsure:
[snapback]160923[/snapback]

You mean I might have to put up with this for 6 months :o Can I just put a gun to my head now and get it over with ;)  :lol:

7.33am - they are on a time out already :rolleyes:  Great way to start the day!! I've been in touch with Val to let her know what was happening and she is going to let his breeder know so just a case of waiting to see what she says
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2005, 08:50:05 AM »
Oh Gill, so sorry to hear this :(  your right though your boys have to come first   ;) ... Hopefully things might settle down, if not  at least youve tried, and it just didn't work out  ;)
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2005, 09:13:55 AM »
It's very unlike your boys to act like this Gill :( .  Maybe it is just a case of sorting out who's boss.  It must be a big adjustment for the boys to take on another adult male.  I agree with you though, you should check out if Jackson has shown aggressive behaviour before, just so you can rule that out.  Perhaps he's been quiet for a few days because of the unfamiliar surroundings and he's just starting to assert himself now??  When we brought Molly home as a pup she was an angel for the first week, then turned into the vilest demon pup you could ever imagine when she became more confident.  I've got my fingers crossed for you that everything works out.  Let us know how you get on. Don't despair yet  :D x
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2005, 12:39:04 PM »
Hi Gill,
No, by 6 months things were pretty calm... Even by 3 months not so bad, but the first month was the real trial!!!  :angry:
Jack is a very grumpy old man, and Tia is very bossy, and Jack didn't have any doggy manners - with other dogs too. He had many lessons to learn. He still gets touchy with males sometimes (he's learned not to mess with girls!!!!!!!!!!!! B) )
Both of mine were old dogs too - 8/9 years both of them so quite set in their ways. If you saw mine together now, you'd never know they'd been so cross with each other at first. :P  There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2005, 05:28:20 PM »
  There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
[snapback]161027[/snapback]

I can see it shining bright - he and Disney are playing in the kitchen :D  So thats one dog won over, only two more to go ;)  Things are generally a lot calmer today so I now have hope. He has his first training class tonight so that should be interesting :lol:

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2005, 06:19:31 PM »
:D

Got everything crossed for you Gill.
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2005, 06:31:31 PM »
I really hope they settle down together Gill. :)
I'm sure they will once they all get used to Jackson & he settles into his new routine. ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2005, 07:12:06 PM »
I hope things continue to improve Gill :)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2005, 07:54:36 AM »
Hi Gill,

How did last nights training go?
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2005, 07:56:20 AM »
That sounds a lot more positive. It must be extra hard work with three already, hopefully they'll learn to lurve him. :)
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2005, 08:58:49 AM »
Hi Gill,

How did last nights training go?
[snapback]161188[/snapback]

He had a great time! He loves other dogs so walking into a room full of playful puppies made him go all giddy :lol:  As a result, we didn't get much obedience out of him but we will work on that ;)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2005, 10:42:34 AM »
:D Hi Gill

Just wondered how things are going with Jackson and the boys? :)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2005, 11:06:44 AM »
Hmmmmm - slowly :rolleyes:  If I was going to have problems, I had expected them to be between Jackson & Disney as there is only two weeks between them in age, both entire etc etc. I think the fact that Disney is so laid back has helped in that situation as the two of them get on great. Vegas & Dallas are still being a bit funny with him but certainly better than when he first arrived - they are slowly getting used to him ;)  Jackson is actually booked in to be neutered on Friday although he is  recovering from kennel cough at the moment so that may not go ahead.  I can't even look him in the eye - I feel awful :ph34r:

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Look What I've Got!
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2005, 01:13:23 PM »
Awww Gill, I am sure you know it will probably be for the best, especially having 4 boys together  ;) I really hope it works out for you  ;)