Author Topic: Urine burn on grass?  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Louies Mum

• Site Member
Urine burn on grass?
« on: February 12, 2003, 09:50:39 PM »
Strange question but:-

Is there anything that you can put on the grass to help it recover from urine burn.  Our garden is really looking sorry for itself at the moment and is rapidly becoming like a mud bath.

Thank in advance.                    

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 10:05:58 PM »
:- not sure there is anything. My neighbours had their garden landscaped and their Lab has left scorch marks all over it, she wasn't best pleased! I think I'm right in saying it's only the bitches that cause this problem  :- I think it's something to do with the acid in the urine. Sorry I can't suggest anything. I'm sure someone will give you the correct info.
We haven't got any scorch marks on our lawn..... just a selection of holes in various sizes. :D The boys are going to be well impressed when they try and play cricket out there in the summer. ;D ;D                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 10:27:39 PM »
Don't know if there is any product available but what I do if I'm out there with Lottie is to get the watering can out so that it is then well diluted :-                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 08:33:21 AM »
It's not just bitches - dogs cause it too - but as they are supposed to cock their legs you don't get it as mych. However, as my Jasper is a big girls blouse and still squats when doing a wee which Buddy then cocks his leg over I do get burn marks on the grass - can't even call it a lawn anymore ;D

There are a few ways of handling it - one is to our a bucket of cold water over the opatch immediately after they've gone. The other is to use a product called "Greenum" It's a tablet you give your dog each day and it neutralizes the urine - supposedly. I haven't tried that one so can;t say if it's any good or not.

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Steve C

• Site Member
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 03:00:35 PM »
apparently you can put a drop or two of tomato juice in their water each day and this is meant reduce the problem.                    

Offline Storace

• Site Member
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 02:16:49 PM »
I have the same problem with my lawn.

I went to Pets Smart recently and came across a product in the vitamins/flea powder etc. section.  Unfortunately it is at home and I can't remember the name correctly.........

something like "Green Um" or "Green Lawn"  I will have a good look tonite and let you know tomorrow.  They come in tablet form and you just have to administer one tablet per day in food or a treat etc.  It's supposed to neutralize the acid in the urine, which causes the scortching.........

Now - as for does it work ? well.............

Unfortunately, due to extensive work in my garden recently, I have not been able to try it out yet as my two have been living with my friend Pam (who adores them - it's as though they have gone to a 5 star hotel - and always come back sulking, because I don't allow them to sleep on my bed or watch Neighbours !!) for the last month.  Fortunately I get them back on Sunday, and I cannot wait as I am sure you can imagine.

I will try them out next week and keep you all posted, although it might take a while to notice any difference.                    
"Keep your friends close to your heart, and your enemies closer still"

Offline Storace

• Site Member
Urine burn on grass?
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 10:58:21 AM »
;D  Sorry about the wait folks.........

The tablets are called "Green - Um" and has no chemicals (all natural)  and they are made by a company called Mark & Chapppell Ltd

Try the website at www.markandchappell.com for further information or you can e-mail them

info@markandchappell.com

Hope this helps
Ali                    
"Keep your friends close to your heart, and your enemies closer still"