Author Topic: Liver cake recipe please  (Read 11728 times)

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Re: Liver cake recipe please
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »
Haven't made any yet - I'm thinking maybe I should wait until my morning sickness has settled down :005:

Oh god Miche - definately - it reeks!!!!!!!!  :005:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 09:35:23 AM »
Willow says she is glad all your cocker spankers like her recipes.
If you find any other good ones or you find a good way of using the recipe then please let her know so she can put it on the website :D

I once tried a recipe with red salmon and garlic - not too offensive you might think, my OH and I nearly had a divorce as a result :lol: :lol:

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 12:50:07 PM »
OK, I have been out to get some liver and keep telling myself to make liver cake now......................... but I am a bit scared :lol:, they might just end up with it for their tea instead. :005:

I will let you know how I get on and if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I have evacuated my house!
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 01:01:47 PM »
OMG, I am getting seriously worried about everyone stating how much it pongs....
I will refrain from making it for now - OH goes green at the smell of Naturediet (he is a wimp really ::)) and I am not ready for divorce just yet...

So looks like poor Dill will have do without for the time being....

Petra

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »
Petra, I am waiting for my kitchen floor to dry as I have just washed it and then I am going to make the dreaded Liver cake - so I will let you know truthfully what it is like :005:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 01:26:48 PM »
Hint for surviving Liver Cake baking day  ;)

1.Make loads at once(so you don't have to do it too often), bake it and leave ALL the windows and doors open whilst it is cooking and for least an hour afterwards  ph34r.
2.Once cooled, cut, SEAL well in foil/freezer bags, throw in fridge/freezer and run for the door.
3.Sit in garden for at least an hour with a large glass of wine (as a reward) before you venture indoors again.

It isn't so bad when it's cooked and cooled. :005: and Ferns recall is improving already  :luv:.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »
OMG, I am getting seriously worried about everyone stating how much it pongs....
I will refrain from making it for now - OH goes green at the smell of Naturediet (he is a wimp really ::)) and I am not ready for divorce just yet...

So looks like poor Dill will have do without for the time being....

Me too... I was thinking about making it but after reading some of the comments on here I think Alfie will just have to make do with his pizzles!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
Molly, George and Tessa say Thanks Freya and Willow for those yummy recipes... :D

It's not unlike making liver pate, I don't mind the smell when it's cooking and quite like the smell when it's cooked...in a livery and garlicy way...., it's the food processing bit....I don't like the smell nor the look of then, but a quick whoosh and in the oven it's done ;)
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 01:36:28 PM »
if the smell really bothers you then try the liver training treats and tasty tea recipe, by poaching it first it stops it smelling so bad and when its drying out it still isn't as bad as liver bread :D

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
Molly, George and Tessa say Thanks Freya and Willow for those yummy recipes... :D

It's not unlike making liver pate, I don't mind the smell when it's cooking and quite like the smell when it's cooked...in a livery and garlicy way...., it's the food processing bit....I don't like the smell nor the look of then, but a quick whoosh and in the oven it's done ;)

cook the liver in some boiling water in the oven first, use the gravy to make the dogs supper and then process it, for some reason if its part cooked it isn't as gross in the food processor and doesn't make as much mess

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »

I'm the same, thank you I thought I was a bit abnormal  ph34r  I don't mind the smell when it's cooking, but the honk from the food processor is something else  :o
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »
Well I have just made mine and the smell from the food processor was shocking :lol:, washing it up afterwards was even worse!!.

When it was cooking though it was not bad at all - might even have a little taste myself later, with a drop of Chianti ;)

Can't wait to see what Mikey and Herbie think of my cooking.  Thanks Freya for the recipes, I wanted to make the peanut butter treats too but some-one had eaten all of the peanut butter.

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
Hint for surviving Liver Cake baking day  ;)

1.Make loads at once(so you don't have to do it too often), bake it and leave ALL the windows and doors open whilst it is cooking and for least an hour afterwards  ph34r.
2.Once cooled, cut, SEAL well in foil/freezer bags, throw in fridge/freezer and run for the door.
3.Sit in garden for at least an hour with a large glass of wine (as a reward) before you venture indoors again.

It isn't so bad when it's cooked and cooled. :005: and Ferns recall is improving already  :luv:.

:rofl1: :rofl1:

MMM, may have a go at the weekend.... Anything to improve recall has got to be worth the effort!!!

Petra

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »
I made my first batch of liver bread / cake today. Yes it smelt in the food processor ( which I may have broken as it was smoking by the time I finished! ) but during cooking there was only a mild garlic smell - no worse than cooking garlic bread. Now it is cooling on the side you can't really smell it at all - unless I am immune by now!
Casper and Reuben have tried a little piece each and absolutely love it. They licked my hands for five minutes after it had gone.
So, we should have two very eager to please puppies at training classes tonight!

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »
I hope you stun them tonight at training with your liver bread rwcasper,  did you let your pups lick the bowl afterwards?