Author Topic: Liver cake recipe please  (Read 11730 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Liver cake recipe please
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2006, 10:56:52 PM »
Mine have been cut up a bit smaller than a pea. would you say this is too small?

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2006, 11:01:53 PM »
Is Fern 12 weeks old now or is that an old photo? If she is, then I would have thought it was fine for now. But cut it a little bigger next time as she grows. If not, then you can always give her two pieces at a time.  ;)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »
think I need to update the photo, where does the time go? she's nearly 5 months now!

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2006, 11:20:29 PM »
To put it polietly I mean 'bottom burps' when I said about a smell
Perhaps liver cake is a bit different from their normal diet? That could cause a bit of a 'wind'  problem at first.
(think they a bit smaller that 1" mind, perhaps I've cut it up too small)
I cut mine up much smaller than an inch too. The training school said about the size of your little finger nail, as stopping to chew would distract them from their training.
Mine have been cut up a bit smaller than a pea. would you say this is too small?
Well my liver cake is very thin  :005:. tbh I do break it in half as I offer it  -I forgot to say. I'm trying to put a little bit more weight on Fern atm.  Fern generally swallows hers whole though. It doesn't even touch the sides on the way down  :005:.
Smaller pieces make sense for pups and I take your point about chewing distracting them during training.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories