Author Topic: What do you have engraved on your dogs' tags?  (Read 11296 times)

Offline isla

• Site Member
Re: What do you have engraved on your dogs' tags?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »
Jem's tags all have my surname, the house number and postcode (as I didn't want to put my address on them) my home number, mobile number and m'chipped (as I was running out of room!).

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »
Our dogs have tags engraved at PAH with our surname, address, & home phone no.

They also have a separate tag saying that they are microchipped & "Please scan me" on them.
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2006, 06:58:50 PM »
How many of us actually leave the dogs collar on when they are indoors though?  I do now but never used too, but one time a over a year ago one of the girls friends left the front door open and Indie ran away :'(   Luckily she didn't go far and we found her within 10 minutes, but the main thing that was worrying me was she didn't have her collar with nametag on :o

I wonder how the tattoing works :huh:  It may well be better than the microchips for instant recognisation, but does it hurt the dogs?

Offline PennyB

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »
How many of us actually leave the dogs collar on when they are indoors though?

I do.

I think tattoing is fine on some dogs but just wouldn't really work on hairy cockers --- also if some think microchipping hurts ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 10:44:14 PM »
ive got surname, address and telephone number on sasha was advised not to put dogs name on
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 10:47:19 PM »
Snoopy only has his Collar off when he has a shower/bath, otherwise he has his collar on 24/7 as I wouldn't want to lose him when is outside playing in the garden or when he trys to escape from the front door when people call......... :005:
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »
I keep Alfie's collar on all the time as well because he's like greased lightning every time we open the front door and while he usually only runs into next door's garden (far more interesting than ours for some reason  ::))  I still had horrible visions of him hightailing it over the horizon with no collar and tags on  ph34r

I'm going to order him another tag today with my surname and address on it to go with the one he's already got with the phone numbers... the local squirrel population will feel safer now cos they'll be able to hear him coming a mile off with all the clinking!  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »
My dogs also keep their collars on all the time. Not that it's much good at the minute because they haven't got tags on them!
I was going to buy (chav) St George's Cross bone shaped ones (so they matched the house and cars!  ;) ) but I think the tags will have to be plain so I can fit all the engraving on - my surname, house number and postcode, my mobile number (won't put my house number so burglars can't check if I'm out!) and microchipped. I think that's covered it!
Next question - do the tags go on the same ring that you attach the lead to? Because if they do, I need to buy new colars too. The rings on these are so small it's hard to attach the lead sometimes!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
Next question - do the tags go on the same ring that you attach the lead to? Because if they do, I need to buy new colars too. The rings on these are so small it's hard to attach the lead sometimes!

Yes (mind you identitag do tags that slip over the collar). I always try to get collars with large D rings on anyway as they're easier to quickly put a dog on a lead.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »
How many of us actually leave the dogs collar on when they are indoors though?  I do now but never used too, but one time a over a year ago one of the girls friends left the front door open and Indie ran away :'(   Luckily she didn't go far and we found her within 10 minutes, but the main thing that was worrying me was she didn't have her collar with nametag on :o

We take Fern's collar off at bed time and put it on first thing in the morning. She's even managing to hold on to have her collar put on b4 she toilets in the morning now :D But that was a night mare to start with as I didn't want the door opened b4 she had her collar on ;)

Offline Quinny40

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 12:18:49 PM »
His name and my mobile as other half is out of country alot. re the name thing, dave would go to anyone who wanted to steal him anyway he's so soft!!

Offline SARAHLP

• Site Member
  • Maisy at 4 weeks
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 12:51:13 PM »
Name & 3 telephone numbers (one my mobile), plus she's chipped.

Got a lovely 'angel dog'  ph34r  tag that cost approx £11.00 from Canine concepts UK.Their called HOTDOG Dog Tags & they've some really lovely designs that are very robust too.  Maisy has lost too many cheap tags in her 6 months!!

www.canineconcepts.co.uk/cat--dog-Tags-Charms--dog-tag  if anyones interested.  :blink:
xxx Love Sarah & (crazy) Maisy xx

Offline stanleysmum

• Site Member
  • He's my Stanley and I love him!
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 02:59:53 PM »
Stanley has his name on one side and my mobile on the other.

I didnt mind putting his name on it as he wont go to anybody but me (really miffs the husband) and he only comes back to me if he thinks i have a treat :005:

Jo x :D
Mum - Dad - 3 kids - 2 cats and 1 cocker doodle do!  Its a hard life!

Offline sniffsniff

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 08:01:48 PM »
On Trixie's tag we have our surname, house number, postcode, home tel. no, mobile tel. no & 'Please Scan Me' !!!

She very occasionally wears her collar in the house but only if we're at home. For safety reasons we leave it off if she's at home & we're out.

Mary.
RIP beautiful girl - you've left paw prints on my heart forever. Trixie 17/04/2003 - 14/07/2015

Offline SARAHLP

• Site Member
  • Maisy at 4 weeks
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »
On Trixie's tag we have our surname, house number, postcode, home tel. no, mobile tel. no & 'Please Scan Me' !!!

Mary.

Fab idea Mary  :shades:
xxx Love Sarah & (crazy) Maisy xx