Author Topic: cockers on its me or the dog  (Read 53656 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: cockers on its me or the dog
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2006, 11:26:07 AM »
...have been following this post, but have not posted .... well done to everyone for some very interesting and valid comments  ;)

Sleep well little Benji   :luv: xxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:19 PM »
I havn't posted either.

Good night god bless Benji  :luv: :luv:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline sniffsniff

• Site Member
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
I too have been following this thread but haven't posted 'til now.

15 years ago, we had a border collie cross that had to be pts due to aggression. It was the most difficult decision I think that we've ever had to make. To cut a long story short, she'd 'nipped' a few times & despite consultations with behaviourists etc. she went on to attack my OH quite badly & then hospitalised me (I still have the scars). As we had a 5 year old at the time it was too much of a risk to take. Sometimes that final decision is inevitable.

My problem is the way that Channel 4 crammed everything into a 30 minute show, without explaining the full story. I think it was wrong to 'cut a long story short' for the sake of a television programme especially when the story line was so emotive. For a programme that is aired at 8.00pm I thought that the scenes of Benjy's last journey & burial were completely unnecessary & in extremely bad taste. We won't be watching the programme again.

Run Free Benjy  :luv:

RIP beautiful girl - you've left paw prints on my heart forever. Trixie 17/04/2003 - 14/07/2015

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »
rachel,i too had been puzzling over why benji was left in the home with children and

Incidentally, in case anyone is wondering about vs admin's comment that he/she wouldn't post on here again because of the "welcome message from admin and the general tone of this board", he/she did not receive any message from Admin. Just thought I'd clarify that :blink:

Thanks Jane for clarifying that because I did wonder.  I think the general tone of this board is very friendly and we manage to air discussions and disagreements in a very civilised way compared to many.

Run free Benjy - shame your owners weren't members of COL and you ended up in the hands of a TV company :'(
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »
rachel,i too had been puzzling over why benji was left in the home with children and

Incidentally, in case anyone is wondering about vs admin's comment that he/she wouldn't post on here again because of the "welcome message from admin and the general tone of this board", he/she did not receive any message from Admin. Just thought I'd clarify that :blink:

Thanks Jane for clarifying that because I did wonder.  I think the general tone of this board is very friendly and we manage to air discussions and disagreements in a very civilised way compared to many.

Run free Benjy - shame your owners weren't members of COL and you ended up in the hands of a TV company :'(

Totally agree!

Sweet dreams wee man  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »
Won't be watching the show again.  Megan normally enjoy's the show, but was really distressed after this weeks episode, images of the burial not necessary and should not have been shown pre 9pm.  I would be interested to know what Nintendo's view is on all of this as they sponsor the show with a product aimed at children???

R.I.P Benjy :'(

Michelle

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2006, 01:53:01 PM »
I would be interested to know what Nintendo's view is on all of this as they sponsor the show with a product aimed at children???

Given the content of some of their games, and the market they are aimed at - I doubt that they have much of a social conscience  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2006, 01:56:38 PM »
I too have read this thread with interest.  I didn't watch it so didn't feel able to comment.  I never normally watch it as I find it a ridiculous program, but I was going to record this one owing to it having cockers in it, I forgot.  Destiny I think!!!

Just wanted to say run free Benjy.  :'(

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**