Author Topic: Walking two dogs.  (Read 8888 times)

Anonymous

Walking two dogs.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 04:25:47 PM »
well I ahve always had seperate leads, but then thats cos poppys neck is much lower to ground than jessies and I think they would look odd with some double contraption..... jessie walks happily on left.. poppy on right , tripping me up to walk on left when it suits her  ;D                    

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Walking two dogs.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 06:32:21 PM »
I walk my two rescues together as I can let Fletch off the lead after 100 yards if local or immediately if in the parks.  Pip can't yet go off the lead on normal walks (as he is unreliable and has a squirrel fixation and every tree in Leeds comes with its own squirrel!).  However, when both are on the lead, Pip pulls like mad which has made Fletch (who had stopped pulling) start again, although both are getting much better when returning from the walk.  But, if one pulls, the other will join in.  Bengy, who knew how to walk to heel, did wonders for Fletch - they really do pick things up from each other.

I'm fostering another one next week, so will have to do some seperate walks (not enough arms), unless the foster has wonderful recall off lead. However, my arm muscles are coming along a treat  ;D                    

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Walking two dogs.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 08:45:33 AM »
due to BUTTONS >:( It is literally like taking a RUG for a walk because she walks/pulls so low to the ground >:(.

This made me giggle! I will look out for you walking your furry rug if i am in your neck of the woods!!! ;D  :-*

Have to love Buttons! (LRoan forever!)                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Walking two dogs.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 11:11:49 AM »
Thanks CBabe  ;)

Would just like to mention that the lovely Lynseyloo has given me a Halti to try for Buttybobs. WOW what a difference it makes  :o, The first time she tried to rub it off at any opportunity  ::) but she definetly seems to be getting used to it....and for once my arm doesn't ache after taking her for a walk. Also, the really nice thing is that now maybe my kids can actually hold her lead. They have always wanted to hold the lead but I could never let them as she would literally have pulled them over >:(

A big thanks to Lynseyloo....a donation is on its way to COL ;) ;D

Gilly                    

Anonymous

Walking two dogs.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 02:41:52 PM »
glad you doing ok with it Gilly, told ya they were little goldmines didn't I eh eh ???  ;D
love to Butons  :-*