Author Topic: Yesterday's lovely walk  (Read 990 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Yesterday's lovely walk
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:13:23 PM »
I had a lovely walk with the two muppeteers yesterday lunchtime. I took them up to Greenwich park, ball at the ready for little Zorro and one eye on the squirrels for Bella. As soon as we got there I saw a lovely little liver working cocker tearing around in the distance so made tracks to catch it up.

Bella of course was off staring out the squirrels already but Zorro, who so far on his walks with us has not played with any other dogs at all (says a very polite hello then follows us), was completely smitten by this little cocker (a 1yr old called Mocha) and went straight into playbows for her with his little tail going like the clappers and chewing on the grass out of excitement while he eyed her up  :luv:. She was up for it and they had a lovely game, with breaks whilst Mocha took off for laps of pretty much the entire park (for anyone who doesn't know Greenwich park, it's absolutely huge - it's where the Equestrian Olympics will be held).

I walked with her owner, a guy who lives on the Heath, and Zorro and Mocha carried on playing until a little border terrier called Gertie came over. I know Gertie as her owner is always wandering around asking in a slightly exasperated way if anyone has seen her, cos she goes off squirrelling and refuses to come back. Mocha went off on another circuit so Gertie and Zorro had a game, until her owner turned up and obviously wanted her back. So I put Zorro's recall to the test, called him (mid-game), and the little superstar, without a moment's hesitation, came running back and sat very properly in front of me with a big smile on his face, bless him  :luv:. Gertie did not do the same and came and enticed him into another bout of wrestling until her owner got her on the lead.

Mocha by this time was back from her mini marathon, still raring to go, and her and Zorro played more chase when a big, fat Boxer turned up, vaguely wanting to get involved. Well Zorro was having none of it and went straight into his "how VERY dare you?" barking a the boxer, who promptly went in the opposite direction  :lol:.

Bella all the while was in her favourite squirrel patch, happy as larry while she sat there watching the squirrels (then legging it after them once they went back up their trees) and occasionally came back to check on her sidekick.

I went home with two very happy little dogs - hoping to bump into Mocha again at some point! :D
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Yesterday's lovely walk
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »
sounds like they had a great time.I love it when ours find a playmate and wear themselves out enjoying themselves, always get a few hours peace when we get home.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
thats lovely you should have made a  Date to meet up again.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
Ha, typical working cocker there  :005:  When Alfie and I met up with Sam and Barney for a walk at Roundhay Park in Leeds Alfie kept shooting off to run laps of the park then would come back every so often for a play with Barney  :lol:  As long as I can see him I'm happy to let him do this in safe areas, he just runs and runs for the pleasure of it  :luv:

Sounds like a lovely walk Claire  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »
Sounds like a great time was had by all. I hope you meet up again.

P.s. take a camera on every walk now so you are prepared as Im sure we'd all want to see photo's of that.  :D
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 10:35:18 PM »

P.s. take a camera on every walk now so you are prepared as Im sure we'd all want to see photo's of that.  :D

Yeah that!! ^^

Sounds lovely  :luv: Glad you guys had a good time :blink:
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
Ha, typical working cocker there  :005:  When Alfie and I met up with Sam and Barney for a walk at Roundhay Park in Leeds Alfie kept shooting off to run laps of the park then would come back every so often for a play with Barney  :lol:  As long as I can see him I'm happy to let him do this in safe areas, he just runs and runs for the pleasure of it  :luv:

Sounds like a lovely walk Claire  :D

:005: Exactly what I was thinking as I read it Nic! Thought it sounded very familiar!  :005:

Claire it sounds like you had a lovely time, I love to see dogs playing together it gives me a lovely warm feeling inside.  :luv:

Nic, did you buy the dog pedometer I found you? After watching Alfie run sooooo far continually I would love to know how far workers actually run when out on a walk.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »

Nic, did you buy the dog pedometer I found you? After watching Alfie run sooooo far continually I would love to know how far workers actually run when out on a walk.

You know I haven't yet but I really should get it because he never stops when we're out. Tilly follows him for a bit then gives up but he's like the energizer cocker  :lol:  I still have the details you sent me so I will have to order one just for a laugh :-*
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 11:00:36 PM »
Sounds lovely  :luv:  We rarely meet other dogs when we're out or if we do Melody gets too excited and jumps on them and frightens the life out of them  ::)
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »
Sounds like a fun walk :D

Tia would jump all over any dog she met as well. We took her to a pet shop the other weekend and she was trying to bounce on an elderly Cocker, I had to keep making her sit.... She just didn't stay in that position for more than a few seconds ::)

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!