Author Topic: Cage Question !  (Read 7391 times)

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« on: August 16, 2003, 10:29:18 PM »
Just a quick question - "Im thinking of putting my new pup in a large doggie cage at night to sleep but am just wondering what you do about giving her access to water during the night"

WOuld she be ok each night without water or should I put a small bowl of water in the cage ???

Any advice please :)                    

Offline PennyB

Cage Question !
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 01:07:41 AM »
I'd say yes especially as the weather's been quite warm recently even at night. My cockers are also on dry complete food so water should be available at all times.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 10:19:29 AM »
Hi! Snoop doggie, yes they should always have water,

even if it might be a bit messy. ;)                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 12:36:16 PM »
I thought water was required in the cage at night but then thought about the mess it could make...but I guess a quick clean up in the morning will do the job. :)

Do you find the water bowl does get kicked over during the night ???? This sounds a stupid idea but wouldn't it be great if you could put a large water bottle on the side of the cage like you would a rabbit for night time drinking > heheeee                    

Anonymous

Cage Question !
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 12:58:26 PM »
you can buy bowls that fix to the cage ..and bottles...but I have the bowls... hub international do them..                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 03:43:38 PM »
Thanks for that....Ive found the website and its a great site.                    

Offline Karen

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 05:07:34 PM »
I had each of my 2 in a crate at night until they were about 6 months old. I put a small bowl of water in the corner by the door and it got knocked over a couple of times but not usually. It really helps with house training and no chewing etc so I'd recommend it!                    
Kazza, Blue, Tia & Ollie xxx

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 08:46:54 PM »
did your 2 go in the 1 crate ??? Or did you keep them seperated ?

I was wondering if you had 2 pups would they both be ok in the crate together at night or would seperating be the answer ???                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Cage Question !
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 08:54:02 PM »
Hi Snoop ;D

Are you getting 2 pups?????

Gilly                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 08:56:40 PM »
not 100% sure...we are defo getting this little cocker....another pup may be on its way into our household but its not sorted as yet....

it was just a question that entered my mind foir if we do.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Cage Question !
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 09:17:03 PM »
Hiya Snoop,

The only reason i asked is....im putting off waiting for my second one until next year...due to taking advice from people on this board. I have heard and others can testify that major problems can start when getting 2 pups at the same time there is a FAQ on this subject in the FAQ section....

Gilly                    

Offline PennyB

Cage Question !
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 09:33:05 PM »
I met 2 cockers who had been brought home from the same litter as pups. Not a pretty sight. No matter how much socializing they had as pups they don't seem to like anyone but each other. They're now 2 1/2.

You have to work exceptionally hard and have endless time on your hands to train 2 littermates.

I'm finding it hard work at the moment with one that's 16 months old and the other 12 weeks old. While Ruby has bonded well with me she's gone back to being naughty (well if the little one can do it so can she—so she thinks).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Karen

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 01:25:48 PM »
My dogs are 4 and 2 so they were in seperately I don't know if I would want 2 at the same time! You'd have to get a massive crate!                    
Kazza, Blue, Tia & Ollie xxx

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Cage Question !
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 03:42:18 PM »
we got a large cage for Taliksa - http://www.cages4pets.co.uk, we always give him a small bowl of water in the cage, hes only knocked it over a couple of times so I'd say def yes espec if on dry food.                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 04:36:15 PM »
as I say its not 100% decided yet but if we do get another into the house it won't be from the same litter - nor would it be the same breed.....I don't know if that would make a difference....

due to circumstances we may be getting a 2nd pup in the near future but that 2nd pup wouldn't be mine.....just in the same household...

Im sure ive confused you all now... :-X