Author Topic: Cage Question !  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cage Question !
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 05:28:41 PM »
It won't matter if it's from the same litter or even a different breed Snoop, two puppies the same age means lots (and I mean lots!) of hard work & you'll need to have plenty of time on your hands for training the pups separately. Hope you've read the FAQ section Gilly mentioned above so you know what you're letting yourself in for!                    
Jane

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2003, 09:11:43 PM »
Just to add to Jane's point, two puppies is not twice the work of one puppy - it is 4, 5... plus times the work depending on the pups.  It is not to be recommended unless you really know what you are doing and can spent lots of time with them separately.                    

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2003, 12:14:24 PM »
I ve read the faq's. I know it will be difficult but luckily the people within the house do have the time to spend with both pups if we do end up getting 2.....thanks for viewing your concerns though.

I'll keep you posted  :D                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Cage Question !
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 12:55:23 PM »
My main concern wouldnt be just the training - which would be like one step forward and two steps back ;D - but more that its a known fact two puppies that grow up together (even those from different litters/breeds) can develop such an intense rivalry that can result in very nasty, constant fights between the two. Some of our members on this board have experienced this and unfortunately had to rehome one of their dogs as this type of fighting is extremely difficult to contain :( of course, it;s possible you could be one of the lucky ones, but we wouldnt be being a responsible board if we didnt let you know what we think you could be letting yourself in for if you do decide to take on two pups at the same time  :)